1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Villager Trade Market at Spawn (Vanilla 1.16.5)

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by AyeItsKatieMC, Mar 16, 2021.

?

Should a Villager Trade Market be added to Spawn

1. Yes, This is a great idea and would make a great Addition

2. No, This is a bad idea and would make a horrible addition

3. POTATO

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. AyeItsKatieMC

AyeItsKatieMC Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:00 AM
    So, today I was browsing through the discord chats and found out that Villagers actually need the mobgreifing rule enabled to breed and claims disable this apparently so what I propose is a area of spawn where there's some villagers with the best trades/prices (Yes I know several players are working on this at their bases but I mean a public area that everyone has access to not just the player who built it or whenever their on

Gabezetrainboy4 likes this.
  2. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    6:00 AM
    GriefDefender allows us to let the players control claim flags. i.e. We can let players toggle the mobGriefing flag in their claims. Be patient while I look into how exactly that's done.

Gabezetrainboy4 likes this.
  3. AoifeEnns

AoifeEnns Consultant

Local Time:
    6:00 AM
    Players can freely set up trade halls that are public use. I have one near my base which has 16~ villagers that are usable by anyone.

As long as you fully enclose the villager breeder, and area where new villagers are stored from the outside, and well lit up. Also a couple cats around wouldn't hurt to scare away creepers, the village breeder will be fine. After the fact, you can claim the spot the villagers are, and still zombify and cure them no problem. It is just the breeding of them that currently does not work in a claim, with mob griefing disabled.

4. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:00 PM
    Your post breed the another question - It is possible to sub-divide our claim/s using GriefDefender and if yes, how we do it?

Addendum #1
    Ok i serach a little and found this:
    Subbdivision - Use /subdivideclaims or /gd mode subdivide to switch.

A subdivision claim has the following capabilities
    • 1x1 size restriction in 2D mode. 1x1x1 size restriction in 3D mode.
    • Can be sold, rented, or transferred to another player.
    • Requires no claim blocks when created by owner.

The real question is: Can we set mobGriefing true but creeper-block-explosion false?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021