1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

/sell hand [B-Team]

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Annie_Gaming79, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Annie_Gaming79

Annie_Gaming79 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:57 AM
    Hey there. i would like to put in a suggestion of allowing players on B-Team to do /sell hand as another way of making mym. i understand that there is Market but lately not many players are playing currently so its really hard to make money. I think this would be a great feature to add as it will be handy.

2. jaari

jaari Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:57 PM
    What would your suggestions be for items to sell?

3. tictacton

tictacton Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:57 AM
    What would /sell hand do?

4. Annie_Gaming79

Local Time:
    Idk what you could sell. But idk basic little things that would help make money like lapis block or just lapis, Redstone, Diamonds, Just the little things and /sell hand is where you have item in your hand that your able to sell to make money

5. jaari

jaari Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Would you have them sell by piece/block or by stack? And what would be the price that would be acceptable? A mym per item? A couple myms per stack?

6. Annie_Gaming79

Local Time:
    Erm A couple mym. Hmm depending on the block depends what you would get from it. Also depending on how rare the item is. Like emeralds being for a stack idk maybe 85myms. Just a idea. Doesn't have to be to exact but yeah. And it would be pieces and blocks. The one thing i like about /sell hand is that it doesn't have to be a stack for you to sell it. It could be just one item. And if you do the /sell hand and you have more then one item. I believe it will sell everything that is in your hand.

7. jaari

jaari Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I've been asking these things for a reason. This system works well. In vanilla. Not in modpacks. Now you might be wondering why? 1. Bteam is ore galore, things like redstone/lapis/diamond is extremely common. Emerald might seem much more rare, until you know that you can just make a villager smelter (villager into an autospawner, moved into a Tinker's Construct smeltery, which "drop" liquid emerald upon damage). I suppose that your average med-to-endgame player could easily get 100k myms within a week with this system.
    Therefore, I am against this suggestion.

In case you were thinking of any other material or item to /sell, name something that's reasonably easy to obtain, but cannot be automated.

8. Annie_Gaming79

Local Time:
    I get what you mean that's a fair statement. But it's okay. Just a idea anyway

9. jaari

jaari Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    The idea itself isn't bad, however, the execution is. Now if there was a limit on how many myms could be obtained daily with this...

10. Annie_Gaming79

Local Time:
    I think there is but im not too sure

11. tictacton

Local Time:
    I see both positives and negatives with this. I would say if there was a fine balancing act between how easy something is to obtain and how valuable it is it could work well. I would love to have an incentive to make farms for weird and difficult to obtain items that would usually be ignored on the player market. Doing this however would really disrupt the current value of MyM's, so idk.

12. Annie_Gaming79

Local Time:
    Even if getting the mym's were cheap. And not disrupt the value. But i don't know how it mostly works. But i feel like it would help but then again seeing everyones point also gives it a downside point

13. tictacton

Local Time:
    I could see it working if there was a variety of price "tiers" which items would get sorted into.
    Here's an example of some potential item worth:

• 1 Cobblestone = 0.0078125 MyMs (1 stack = 0.5) - Low Price Tier

• 1 Enderium Ingot = 5 MyMs - Middle Price Tier

• 1 Totem of Undying = 100 MyMs - High Price Tier

(There would be many tiers in-between these ones)

Witchery automation is not only very difficult, but also quite unpopular. Adding a guaranteed worth would make for a great challenge, and ultimately adds playability for end game players.

I would definitely volunteer to help sort items into price categories if this suggestion ends up going anywhere.

14. Annie_Gaming79

Local Time:
    I like your idea. Really does work in my opinion. Yeah the tier work around is a neat little thing that would work. Yeah it would take some time working on it for it to be fully useable but whatever works i guess. But what should be another note is not all items have to be able to be sold. If only some items or even most (not all) would also work