1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible Server Event Idea

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by AyeItsKatieMC, Apr 8, 2021.

?

Would you like to see a event like this?

1. Yes, I would love to have a sort of purge event for servers that are being shutdown

15 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. No, this is a bad idea and will only result in bad things

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. AyeItsKatieMC

AyeItsKatieMC Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:01 PM
    So, my suggestion is instead of just announcing when a server is going to be shutdown then shutting it down we have some sort of event where we send the server off with a "Blast". Basically what I'm proposing is for a certain set period of time before a server is shut down we basically have a sort of Purge event where griefing is not only allowed but encouraged but that's the only rule that would be voided during the event all other rules would still apply since we are a child friendly community after all. I've seen this done to great success on a different network I used to play on before I discovered MYM and thought I'd bring it up to the community.

Obviously people can decide if they want their claims to be effected by the event or not but I'd love to see a event where the community gets together and blows up the spawn

2. BetaPetey

BetaPetey Administrator Booster

Local Time:
    4:01 PM
    The purge has happened in the past a couple of times always thought it was a cool idea not sure why it hasn't been done more often.

3. Jaytuple

Jaytuple Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:01 PM
    I'm 100% down for a purge. Since the world can be saved beforehand, I feel like this could be a fun community event to really let loose.

4. SovereignEternal

SovereignEternal Former Admin, I'll be back.

Local Time:
    I think this is an awesome idea as well. If and when it does go down, I'd also love to see some creativity; not just primitive use of Draconic Staves of Power on everybody's base, but glorious war! Delicate explosions, set to go off only when somebody is present! Intricate traps, tricks, and mischief! Don't let me down, oh wonderful MyMers!

Fireforce likes this.
  5. Redshii

Redshii Moderator Build Team

Local Time:
    9:01 PM
    Personally, I'd love to have it be in a PvP setting for like 2-3 weeks. Add SoP and other OP tools to the blacklist and enable TNT explosions, (might want to keep draconic reactor explosions disabled, as it sometimes ignores water + blast resistance blocks. Furthermore, might add McMMO and some sort of top killer list and grant that person a title like Conqueror and possibly some currency for the one with the most kills. Might even extend it to most blocks destroyed and get a title like World Breaker/Destroyer.

It would require effort from the devs, but personally, I'd love to join servers I normally don't play just for this.

SovereignEternal likes this.
  6. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Tbh, I shan't download pack for, idk, few hours or 1 day to "celebrate" the closing the server by destroying it.

I would rather fly around and see what ppl build but how i can do that when some1 else turned nice base into smoking hole after blasting 1000 tnt?

7. Fortunata

Fortunata Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    This kind of event would encourage destructive behavior and griefing, so some might think why stop ? Why not do it on live Servers ?
    If someone likes to see things go boom, use your own claim and buildings or use Farmworlds.
    About griefing, this should be a NOGO, always, with no exception.

8. Jaytuple

Jaytuple Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I understand the concern, I can actually speak to this.
    I used to own a server with a strict no griefing policy. I would throw up side servers that lasted a month or two for events or random modpacks, and would always throw a mass-destruction party before closing it. This event never caused spikes in griefing on the permanent servers, as people were able to differentiate the correct and incorrect times to grief and blow stuff up. We still have rules in place, and I trust our players to follow them.

9. SovereignEternal

Local Time:
    On top of this, I think it would discourage people from breaking the rules to grief, when they could simply wait for the server event to go up instead.

10. LordEreh

Local Time:
    IF they stay long enough to end of server. Most ppl play 1 pack for 2-6 weeks, gets bored play different game or other pack. So i dont think ppl Will wait for Such events when they appear So rarely

11. SovereignEternal

Local Time:
    My point was that it will most likely discourage griefing.

12. deepcage

deepcage Captain Obvious has entered the building!

Local Time:
    I'd like to volunteer Infinity servers for this idea. Especially since i dont play infinity xD

BetaPetey likes this.
  13. SovereignEternal

Local Time:
    For one, I'm not a fan of this idea, because I enjoy infinity. For another, it won't happen anyway, because infinity is quite popular.

14. LordEreh

Local Time:
    Ween need node 2 for infinity and start with a blast ;p

/tnt, /nuke, pvp on kit with op items and then make new/regen map ;p

15. Gabezetrainboy4

Gabezetrainboy4 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I'm working on a project that will allow us to regenerate unoccupied regions in the infinity overworld, about 80% of the world can be repaired in this manner. This should extend infinity's lifespan quite a bit. Expect results in a week at most!

BetaPetey likes this.
  16. LordEreh

Local Time:
    better double check for unlcaimed projects
    I cant tell how many times i saw ppl not claiming stuff bc they leave MC but returns eventually

17. deepcage

deepcage Captain Obvious has entered the building!

Local Time:
    Not claimed, their fault. Claim your shizzle or dont whine afterward if its gone.

18. SovereignEternal

Local Time:
    The problem with this would be that it goes against our own rules, griefing etc is disallowed regardless of claims.

19. Redshii

Redshii Moderator Build Team

Local Time:
    I do agree, however, if it is a matter of a server reset or some bases wiped and with a high chance of them being able to be restored using the restore base shop option, I'd rather have the latter. If the server is reset, their unclaimed bases are also gone, so doesn't really matter at that point if it would be against own rules.

I'm pretty sure there will be made manual back-ups, so if those are saved permanently, there shouldn't be any issues about regenerated bases not being able to be reverted.

On that note, a server shutdown is basically griefing as well then :p

deepcage likes this.