1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decided Against AE2 for Galactic Science

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by HaRo0, May 26, 2021.

1. HaRo0

HaRo0 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:26 PM
    Hey there,

I have been playing this pack for a long while now and the only thing I always wanted to be added to it was Applied Energistics, so I wanted to ask if it would be possible to add it to the pack.
    It doesn't have to be available in early game, mid/late game would be more than enough.
    All that would have to be added is certus quartz and Sky Stone.
    That could be achieved by sieving, for example asteroid stone, though you would get sky stone dust and would have to use a stone barrel and lava to make sky stone.

-HaRo0

Jeuio_YT likes this.
  2. doud72

doud72 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:26 PM
    That would be a great addition and sit well with the space exploration theme.
    Yes, please.

3. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Let's quote Kronn:
    Besides theres pretty similiar thingy to AS2 that EnderIO provides but its... something?
    MyM never add/removes(i dont count utility/client mods) from modpack bc its violates the copyrights ALSO it would cause problems for people using different launchers. I know there's some agreements between caithleen(author) and sirwill or wynd, idk its old pack but still i dont think so they would change the pack so drastically even if they could.

I'm against this suggestion btw.

4. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    I don't know. There is a reason Caithleen never added it, because every pack has it. Obviously the pack is now completely updated by SirWill, so he could probably do it, but I don't think it is a good idea to defer from the theme the original pack dev had. (We did that with Hypovolemia and look how that turned out)

5. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Not completely accurate in this case. MyM not changing modpacks is mostly because it would force people to use the MyM-launcher. That is basically it. There have been modified versions of packs in the past like Agrarian Skies+, I doubt that MyM had or even needed any permission to modify it. A while ago I played on a server than ran a modified version of Infinity Expert mode, where they enabled more than just the crafting table from Avaritia and made some recipes much harder by adding those sweet neutronium ingots etc.

I don't even know whether there is any copyright at all within modpacks. Forever stranded is basically a remake of Crash Landing etc. People copy stuff left and right anyway.

In this particular case though MyM owns the pack, so they can do whatever they want.

Gabezetrainboy4 likes this.
  6. LordEreh

Local Time:
    Dont compare changing/add recipes to changing the WHOLE pack by adding mod like AE2 is. Sometimes you need to change recipes bc many things cant work so well on SMP but works perfectly fine on single.

Also recent update... idk what changed but i think its new config/mod versions or the pack only not new stuff.

Anyway, as I said - I am against, it would change the pack so much it would be like Galactic Science+/2 also it worked for so many years MyM host this pack just as it is, besides GS have alternatives to massive storage systems other than AE2 so players are not left with chests all over the base only.

7. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Yes I was just pointing out that the typical "MyM doesn't change packs" thing does not apply here.

Anyway, is it worth to look into GS2? I played the pack when it was on a testserver here, but back then only the first stage was done. I think only the last one is missing now? And most likely will be since I doubt Caithleen comes back to finish it.

8. LordEreh

Local Time:
    Yea, i think its closed never finished project just as the MyM Skies.

9. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    The difference is that GS2 is a pack that is 90% done and actually not a MyM pack. You can also get it on the CurseLauncher.
    MyM Skies however is a meme.

10. deepcage

deepcage Captain Obvious has entered the building!

Local Time:
    If you are going to add any mods like that at all, i'd recommend Refined Storage over AE2 since its a lot less laggy. Its just as versatile though.

11. HaRo0

HaRo0 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    That's not possible for the pack as the pack is in 1.7.10 and as far as I know Refined Storage only exists for 1.9 onwards.

12. HaRo0

HaRo0 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Also, if sieving would be too easy you could say, certus quartz is obtainable by putting naquadah ingots into the blood altar tier 5

13. AmeliaFireFox

AmeliaFireFox Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:26 PM
    there's no poll but this suggestion gets a +1 from me

14. Kevin_Kamikazee

Kevin_Kamikazee Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    nice idea. AE2 is nice mod. would be cool for midgame players... naquadah in blood altar is cool idea also. Naquadah would have more purpose in game and therefore more grinding is needed, and its worth the grind. Also would be +1 from me if we voted

15. AoifeEnns

AoifeEnns Consultant

Local Time:
    3:26 PM
    The best place to add this suggestion would be on the github for the modpack itself here

For a pack like GS it would take a bit of work to add and properly gate it, and specify where the ores and parts spawn etc. On top of that it would then require pregenning new worlds that the ores and parts would spawn in.

16. HaRo0

HaRo0 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Thanks for that idea, I have created the Suggestion there aswell

17. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    It is intentional that this mod is not in the modpack, adding it would negatively impact the goal of being something fresh without popular and common mods.

Also, the 1.7.10 version of the modpack will not receive any mod changing updates.

18. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Hey MyM skies isn't closed, though it is unfinished. I just added some quests the other night. :bookworm:

19. wyndman

Local Time:
    GS2 was sort of finished, then it changed and had things added, then I would say it just stopped being worked on.

20. wyndman

Local Time:

So you're saying there will be a post 1.7.10 version?