1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done To help with lag..

Discussion in 'Multiblock Madness' started by TheeForgotten, Jul 19, 2021.

?

Should the Server see 4 Hour or 6 Hour restarts

1. 4 Hours

2. 6 Hours

3. Leave As is?

4. Obligatory Potato

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. TheeForgotten

TheeForgotten Senior Moderator Build Team Booster

Local Time:
    2:55 AM
    I think Multi-Block Madness should be put on 4 hour or even 6 hour restarts to help the server performance stay up on TPS until a farther issues can be solved. Hopefully this will be a temp fix but also just help stopping the admins from being bugged trying to figure it out.

2. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    11:55 PM
    I don't know, restarting more often is just putting a band-aid on the issue. It's clear there's one kind of block causing a problem, shouldn't we try disabling that first?

_Cilo_ likes this.
  3. TheeForgotten

Local Time:
    Well anything is possiable as this is a post to see who feels what in the case. Nothing is right or wrong just silly or ideal

4. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:55 AM
    [​IMG]
    I think it should have same reset time as GTNH, idk hwo long this is but thats my opinion.
    My second opinion is: -1 to thread bc no potato poll.

5. SparedPumpkins

SparedPumpkins Senior Moderator

Local Time:
    7:55 AM
    Remove all dropped entities every 30 minutes. Remove all AFK players after 10 minutes, regardless of rank.

6. TheeForgotten

Local Time:
    First half isn't a bad idea but as for the AFKing players well they did pay for that perk so no matter what we cant just remove that

SparedPumpkins likes this.
  7. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Remove server - it will fix all lag problems because there will be nothing to cause problems in the first place!
    [​IMG]

wyndman likes this.
  8. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Fixed the poll, and this is clearly the only 100% effective method of reducing lag, though I think we're looking for something a little less extreme.

Gabezetrainboy4 likes this.
  9. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    The lag issue was a water jug combined with a Smeltery which was removed a day ago which fixed the TPS issues. Restarting more frequently is not required at this point.

10. SparedPumpkins

SparedPumpkins Senior Moderator

Local Time:
    7:55 AM
  11. osirisgothra

osirisgothra Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    The lag i've discovered on my own ends (for anyone who wants to get rid of such setups), and I share from my own personal
    offline tests (ymmv):

1) Bonsai pot->hopper -> storage drawer controller/slave (2tps lost per hopper when backed up, ok when not)
    i suggest either changing the setup or putting a comparator on the hopper connected to the slave/controller attach that to a light or an alarm (warning very loud!)

2) simple storage networks->control master->storage crates from actually additions (or any larger than double chest)
    For myself I keep it very simple allowing SSN only on a single controller from storage drawers and never had any issues after that

3) I use thermal expansions ducts + retrievers instead of the SSN or Ender I/O stuff (Mainly for those around chapters 2-3) this seems to perform best with storage drawers. Ender I/O showed lag when I had it extracting from the storage drawer controller or slave, but this might be due to specific configuration issues (it was default with no upgrades).

4) Made sure all my multi-block structures (especially Immersive Engineering ones) are not crossing chunk bounds (and if they have to, make sure they are loaded when you are away if possible).

5) Leaf eating generators --- I wasn't able to figure discern if these caused lag or if it was my computer so, that one I'd like feedback from some of you with hefty computers and BIG leaf-eating generator setups if you please :)

If I find anything useful I'll be sure to post back.

PS: Some things might be worth for me to look into: Thaumcraft "Rifts" and space stations (maybe?)

Gabezetrainboy4 likes this.