Implemented The end of Multiblock madness

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by harryarne, Aug 3, 2021.

1. harryarne

harryarne Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:40 AM
    I've looked at the end of the MM pack, as I have most of the items auto-craftable now. The way I see it it's not doable for me (with the current setup) without ruining the server for everyone else. The 5 infinity ingots for the creative tank will take several million items to make and each item need to be crafted/rolled/smelted/crafted again etc...

I am sure some people will manage to set up processes that put less strain on the server, as such it might be possible to finish the pack in a server environment. I wish those of you good luck finishing the pack!

I admit defeat while at the same time being somewhat miffed that MYM hosts these packs that demands automation on a scale like this, knowing full well the strain end-game will put on a server.

Is it possible to download the base and finish it on a standalone server/singleplayer?

2. JieSheng03

JieSheng03 Active Member

Local Time:
    1:40 PM
    harryarne and LordEreh like this.
  3. misscatlin1951

misscatlin1951 We die so others may live. Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    1:40 AM
    That would be nice to know but what about those that has a base situated in 4 chunk block (ie situated at the intersection of four chunks). Would that also be able to be downloaded?

4. AyeItsKatieMC

AyeItsKatieMC Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Yeah it's pretty hard to do everything needed for infinity without spreading it across multiple chunks considering since the multiblock machine needed for it takes up a chunk on it's own. I've been talking with Filo (pack author) and he openly admits this pack was never made to be run in a multiplayer environment

5. JieSheng03

JieSheng03 Active Member

Local Time:
    1:40 PM
    Yeah, you can, just make sure the whole base is claimed, download the World Downloader mod and use /wd add claim then /wd dl <downloadName>. More information can be found here. (How to use MyM World Downloader — MyM-Wiki 0.0.1 documentation)

6. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    10:40 PM
    We can look into reducing the costs of the recipes. What parts exactly are the problem?

7. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I think its the items needed for singularities

8. harryarne

harryarne Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    The ammount of items needed for singularities (not because they are so many, but because the require so many crafting steps (and machines to make each crafting-step)) and the size of the reactor you need to make to craft the infinity ingots (needing 3172 casings).

9. misscatlin1951

misscatlin1951 We die so others may live. Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    In older packs (before 1.8.0) we never had to worry about that as all packs were designed for servers and if a pack couldn't run on a server,(lag creator, memory hog) they would be flagged so that they would be available on single-player mode ONLY. The pack author was responsible for the warning that this pack could destroy a server farm. Whatever happened to the way that authors report?

LordEreh and harryarne like this.
  10. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Good old times...
    Nowdays packs seems to be made only for single player or even for MC youtubers, at least i get such feeling.

BookerTheGeek likes this.
  11. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    10:40 PM
    I lowered the cost of Singularities to 100 items. This change will not show ingame in NEI, but will still only cost 100. Hopefully a 10x reduction in cost helps. :)