1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Server Status Page

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by BookerTheGeek, Oct 6, 2021.

1. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    6:14 AM
    Heyo!

Quick request... on the Server Status page, could we get a column added that shows the total amount of players that have logged in in the last 24 hours?

Thanks much!

2. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:14 PM
    If theres some issues and player gets disconnected bc some bug, such system could count him as "logged in last 24h" so... he didnt played even 1 second on server but he generated X logins to server - same as YT bots or some1 afk get kicked get back and repeat and repeat.

That would be the misleding information in my opinion and what informations such data would give anyway?
    Also unique logins would be misleading too, bc some1 can log once play 1h then log second time and play for 8h but that system will count him as 1 login in last 24h.

Better option but prolly not possible(in easy way) to track the summarized total playing time of each player but I think such info is still misleading bc 10 players who play for example 1h each will give less total time than 2 player who played for 6h.... So some1 can think server with 12h is better than one with 10h...

BTW.
    For what purpose you want to use such information in the firt place @BookerTheGeek ?

3. BookerTheGeek

Local Time:
    Mainly so I can get an idea of what servers have more players on them, as I hate playing by myself.

Zippity_Doodah likes this.
  4. AoifeEnns

AoifeEnns Consultant

Local Time:
    4:14 AM
    I do like this idea. Would give many people an idea of what the popular servers are at the time, even if they check it at a quiet time.

BookerTheGeek likes this.
  5. BookerTheGeek

Local Time:
    As I usually check it at night in the US, or during the work day in Europe, the most I ever see online is 5 or 6

6. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    I like how the "staff seen" column got removed a while ago. I guess you got tired off clearing those red numbers :D

7. gamewiz93

gamewiz93 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    what time are you on now Booker? I'm usually on 3:30am-7:00pm PST

8. AoifeEnns

AoifeEnns Consultant

Local Time:
    The staff seen column was removed because it wasn't needed, and people viewed it negatively. Lots of people saw it and expected that packs with long last seen count meant that it was a bad pack when usually it meant it was one of the better ones, at least from a staffing perspective as we didn't need to go there a lot.

9. BookerTheGeek

Local Time:
    I remember every Saturday going pack to pack just to clear that number. lol

10. Zippity_Doodah

Zippity_Doodah Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I can kind of guess which server is the busiest right now, which happens every time a new server is added, and that is DJ2... I tried it briefly, but the Totemic mod got on my nerves... I think the next busiest is probably Madness, which I plan to get into at some point, just waiting for my character data to get reset for that server... I been playing Revelation now and then, but that is mostly just when ThorfinnTV gets online, which tends to be just in the evenings...

I too hate playing in packs were I feel like I'm the only one really playing with any regularity... I did enjoy Life in the Village 2 quite a lot, but now that I have a better understanding of how bee's and minecolonies works/functions, i kinda want to start from scratch and do it better the next time... It would be nice if it was a little less vanilla like though, without going too heavy on tech/magic at the same time... But not many packs include Minecolonies right now (which is a shame), beyond a tiny handful of kitchen sink packs like Direwolf20's newest version (which has no questing at all and lacks a sense of progression)...

Zip

11. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Soooo....
    Any staff member can answer on my doubts about this idea? How this thing will count logins? Just like that system to register player play so his claim wont get deleted?
    If so, how you will prevent abusing this system? Next unique login will be regitered after 24h? Becasue there can be chance to log in, w8 a little disconnect, w8 a little to be sure and log once again and player can generate 2 entries. Thats why i was sceptic about this idea.

PS.
    I forgot to celebrate 1000th post so... i must celebrate 1024 post then... 1 giga poster!

Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
  12. BookerTheGeek

Local Time:
    @LordEreh I just figured unique uuid logins in the past 24 hours. You log in once or 50 times, still counts as one.

13. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    We do track unique visitors per server. So keeping the numbers accurate wouldn't be too much trouble. Assuming that info can be sent to the Status page ofc. :)

@SirWill your thoughts on this?

14. SovereignEternal

SovereignEternal Former Admin, I'll be back.

Local Time:
    I really like this idea as well. It would help players be able to play on a server with just as many people as they're hoping to, whether that be 10 or none.