1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done JAVA not found

Discussion in 'Divine Journey 2' started by misscatlin1951, Oct 21, 2021.

1. misscatlin1951

misscatlin1951 We die so others may live. Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    9:19 AM
    I have been busting my butt to try to figure out why MC will not find JAVA or the other way around. I have tried having Java on the same drive, having Java look for and finding MC but no connection, I have even tried nc and Java in the same main directory. I got tired of looking. I have even tried different Java applications to see if any would run MC. I recently had a drive C crash and this started once I got win 10 home reinstalled. Before that I had no trouble, and I was playing each day. Now I cant even do any Java, however I am able to play through the Forge setup but it is behind yours and I cant connect. Someone please help me.
    When I launch the MYM launcher this is what I get:
    To report this error, please provide:
    java.io.FileNotFoundException: e:\minecraft\instances\divinejourney2\manifest.json (The device is not ready)
    at java.io.FileOutputStream.open0(Native Method)
    at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(FileOutputStream.java:270)
    at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:213)
    at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:162)
    at com.skcraft.launcher.util.HttpRequest$BufferedResponse.saveContent(HttpRequest.java:597)
    at com.skcraft.launcher.update.BaseUpdater.installPackage(BaseUpdater.java:91)
    at com.skcraft.launcher.update.Updater.update(Updater.java:165)
    at com.skcraft.launcher.update.Updater.call(Updater.java:97)
    at com.skcraft.launcher.update.Updater.call(Updater.java:40)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
    Now I am no great shakes at reading that error file but even I can tell that Java is not being found on my machine or at least a Java that MC can use. I have even tried the java universal to no avail. Give me a link I can follow for the correct Java cause they really screwed it up since I was there last and someone give me directions, cause my memory aint as good as it once was.
    Thanks for the assistance.

2. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    6:19 AM
    You want Java 8 v281. Also do a complete reinstall of the pack (Hard Force Update in MyM launcher.)

3. misscatlin1951

Local Time:
    I have the correct Java installed on drive C:, and I am still getting the Java not found error. I have no idea why it cant be found, and I may have to get staff to lock my DJ2 for me if I cant get this straightened out. Ill be back later.

4. misscatlin1951

Local Time:
    BTW I cannot load the launcher or do anything to yt because it will not fully deploy I guess.

5. Willfon

Willfon Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:19 PM
    That error there comes from Java, so you have Java. That is not the issue.

Java however, cannot find the file manifest.json for divinejourney on the disk labeled E. You should make sure you have the E drive, because usually windows use C for the primary drive, D for the secondary and E for the third etc. and usually D and up would be any USB drive you insert. It is rare that you have more than one harddrive in your computer, so any letter above C is a red flag.

Furthermore, if you use the MYM launcher that would have shown the path in %APPDATA% - for instance
    C:\Users\willfon\AppData\Roaming\.mineyourmind\instances\divinejourney2\manifest.json

and MultiMC would show something like
    C:\Users\willfon\Applications\Minecraft\MultiMC\instances\divinejourney2\manifest.json

Anyhow, look for the file

e:\minecraft\instances\divinejourney2\manifest.json

from the explorer window. Make sure it is there.

6. Willfon

Willfon Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:19 PM
    But! If java is the issue anyhow, then I would fetch some suitably old java installer from

Java Archive Downloads - Java SE 8u211 and later

I'm using a few old ones myself, installed to custom locations on the disk. I have 8u181, 8u241 and ... 8u71 I think. I favour the 8u241 for Minecraft.

7. misscatlin1951

Local Time:
    Thank you for the insight. I am a programmer, but it has been years and I am very rusty (Just listen to my joints as I try to move.) The simple direction on checking Mine Craft for the correct path seems to be all that was needed for me to get the program back up.
    Unfortunately , If this happens again in the future, by then I will have forgot and all this will have to be done again.
    Many thanks.