1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Command to force claim reset

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Sandstroem, Nov 3, 2021.

1. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    6:06 PM
    So I have been thinking.
    I take a lot of breaks from MyM for a couple of weeks, then I come back and get lost in packs that I started earlier. Usually then I have to make a ticket and have someone come and reset my claim, which involves a staff. Having patron, which puts the inactivity timer to 2 month and maybe even having that pack on the non-delete list, makes that not easier.

So how about a simple command like "resetAllClaims" or something like that, which

• has a question whether I REALLY want to reset my claim
    • flags all my claims to be reset with the next server restart (no instant deletion)
    • bypasses inactivity counter, patron, non-delete settings etc
    • is not revertable by a claim restore, whether I use my free one or not
    • and finally resets claim with the next restart.
    Whether it resets achievements, research and other things is debatable, but those are usually relatively fast done by staff anyway, while claim resets are a bit annoying manually and often dont work at all. Half of the time stuff does not reset properly anyway.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2021
    ElectricPoof and sp33draft like this.
  2. Kronnn

Kronnn Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:06 PM
    So I do think this would be nice to have, but I think it would be very difficult to implement safely. Even just after reading this I can think of a few ways to use this for both griefing and a few exploits.

sp33draft and wyndman like this.
  3. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    I don't know. How would you use it to grief? You can claim an unclaimed base and reset it, but nobody prevents you from doing that already.

One option would be to reduce this feature to claims that are older than 2 weeks. This removes basically all grief issues.

sp33draft likes this.
  4. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    10:06 AM
    sp33draft likes this.
  5. SovereignEternal

SovereignEternal Former Admin, I'll be back.

Local Time:
    I've actually had thoughts about this in the past as well, and foregoing any possible uses for griefing - which I can't think of anyway, and your solution works - I'd imagine it would be quite useful.

6. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    I guess my one concern would be shared claims. In theory, one could have a falling out with their basemates, specifically the claim owner. And in an act of pure hatred, they reset the claim. What would be the recourse? The protection for those involved? I just figured I'd throw this out there because while unlikely, it's not impossible.

7. Gabezetrainboy4

Gabezetrainboy4 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    The risk proposed in your scenario is inherent regardless. An angry basemate could very well destroy the claim in any manner they see fit, whether it be plain old hand and pickaxe, or a reset. That being said the first solution that comes to mind would be to have a unanimous vote between all constituents of a claim in order to reset.

8. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    Perhaps anyone who has been on the claim for more than two weeks, and has been online within the last two weeks will have a say in a claim reset?

9. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    Problem there is what of someone isn't around anymore everyone is screwed and the logistics of coding all that. Just seems like it's a bad idea.

10. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    I don't see a problem here. You can already remove your basemates from the list and then destroy the claim. It is all seen as player vs player issue.

Gabezetrainboy4 likes this.
  11. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:06 PM
    Maybe test the waters with only allowing single player claims run the command, That would make the theoretical angry trust host kick the other players off their claim before nuking the claim. Throw in a few ARE YOU SURE?! and whamo it become a pvp issue and something no staff member will touch.

12. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    This all started out because I was too ashamed to ask for yet another claim reset since I do that all the time. Wasn't expecting to end up in here. Lol.

13. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:06 PM
    Too late Sandy you have now sparked a debate!

mrminesheeps likes this.