1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Future of Project Ozone 3 Kappa

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by Gabezetrainboy4, Nov 28, 2021.

?

Is There Interest in a Reset and Conversion?

1. Yes, Reset and Convert Kappa to Mythic Mode

48.0%
  2. No, Update Without Reset and Conversion

24.0%
  3. Potato

28.0%
  1. Gabezetrainboy4

Gabezetrainboy4 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:05 AM
    Hello MyMers!

With the new Project Ozone 3 update comes a new quest mode: Mythic.
    In a nutshell, Mythic is Kappa on steroids.
    There are a couple options moving forward:

Update current Kappa server to Mythic + Reset
    Keep current mode.

Keep current servers and add Mythic mode (all three)

If the first option is implemented, the current Kappa mode server would be reset. The other option would be to do the modpack update without changing the existing servers, and add a third with the new quest mode.

What would be the preferred option? Please vote above.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
  2. AyeItsKatieMC

AyeItsKatieMC Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:05 AM
    I'm assuming Mythic is meant to be even harder then Kappa just based off the name

3. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
  4. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:05 AM
    Even harder? 1 log = 1 plank? or they Gregfied recipes?

5. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    I won't play it. my initial thought was why keep kappa, if we can have the new one. But then what did change? Kappa was already a grind and unplayable on a server. Did they just make recipes even more ridiculous? If yes, then I say no point in getting it. If they changed progression and made it interesting, then it is worth a look.

6. AyeItsKatieMC

Local Time:
    Personally I'd like to see a addition of a mythic mode server since it would be unfair to the players who have yet to play Kappa mode and want to play Kappa mode to not be able to play on MYM plus it's not like adding one more server will cause the server machine to crash but I guess you never know

Ivanator2 likes this.
  7. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I'm with Sandy on this one. A super grindy pack is going to be a pain to play on as soon as players get deep enough into it to start automating the huge amount of things that are likely required to progress. To the second point, it is more of a personal flavor preference, if it is now just 1 log means one plank two planks equals one stick then I wouldn't be interested in it either. If the difficulty comes more from an infrastructure change than I am all for it. Something like a rage quit @BookerTheGeek

Aerydar and BookerTheGeek like this.
  8. Gabezetrainboy4

Local Time:
    I imagine there are some players out there who want to conquer all Po3 modes, we could run all 3 concurrently.

JamesYong likes this.
  9. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Yeah well, there is also Titan Mode. Which makes it four.

JamesYong and Gabezetrainboy4 like this.
  10. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    5:05 AM
    I am playing around with something like that currently for single player. Just without the mobs or rage part so far. Mainly because the mods are not updated yet.

I never liked the "get 10 mil items to make another item to finally make a part for something". I much prefer to make people work through different mods and production chains with multiple ways to make it work. And automation. But not the gregtech or kappa type automation. Also 1.12 is hell on my laptop so I've been doing my best to keep it smaller without a ton of bloat.

11. Gabezetrainboy4

Local Time:
    Looks like the general consensus is to reset, update, and convert Kappa to Mythic mode.

12. AyeItsKatieMC

Local Time:
    Welp guess I won't be playing Kappa on MYM then

13. Gabezetrainboy4

Local Time:
    We will keep Normal and Kappa, and will add Mythic as well.

JamesYong likes this.
  14. deepcage

deepcage Captain Obvious has entered the building!

Local Time:
    I would recommend against this. For the simple reason that endgame Po3 Kappa is already stressful enough on the server(s). If you have 2 or 3 endgame players online at the same time, the server TPS plummets and it becomes nigh unplayable, even with Tiquality in place. A mythic mode, while this sounds fun to me, means even more grind, which means even more late game automation and complicated setups, which in turn means even more bad performance. No matter how structured and efficient your setups will be, your island will become a terrible lagmonster at some point.

Completing the pack on Mythic, will likely take even longer then on Kappa, which was already nearly impossible to do, even after the required number of items per singularity was lowered to 901 instead of 9001 because of performance issues. Neurocid and i did it together, which turned out to be basically duping items via mobs in mob duplicators (this method was demonstrated to the admins and approved for use by @HanoverFist69). Using this method, we managed to get to the creative chest in about 2-3 weeks after we started duping items like mad. We are probably the only 2 players since the launch of Po3K who actually got a creative chest without the use of lootboxes (which were disabled).

On the original settings, with 9001 items per singularity, this would mean, completing the pack at a constant 20 tps and 100% server uptime, without using mob duplication, would take roughly 2.1 years. (we did some math on it). I only imagine this would be even worse for Mythic or Titan modes.

I seriously recommend rethinking this idea.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2021
  15. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Above post of deep reminded me of recent issue with Infinity Expert, the posibility of recreating a base with mobgrinder done wrong(item drops everywhere bc system was clogged) is something MyM should avoid.
    Just remember how long it took to find the problem and how much anger it causes in other expert players.

16. deepcage

Local Time:
    I have done this, many times. On infinity expert as well. I remember my Goblin spawner crock-up. I had a spawner set to offline load in the last millennium, however the killing mechanic was outside the chunk border and because of that, didnt run at full speed. The result was the server grinding to an utter 1 tps on average. Even getting close to it, caused such fps lag, it felt like 1 frame per 10 seconds rather then 1fps. I managed to break the floor under the spawner and at that moment, literally thousands and thousands of goblins splurged out like a big flood. It took several minutes for them to fall into the void and die/despawn. And strangely enough even longer for the server to recover. I was badly scolded by former admin @Jitrid.

17. Ivanator2

Ivanator2 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    well, i dont know any thing about the inner workings of minecraft nor the server... but as much as i would like to try mythic out, im about to hit the mid way point in kappa and ive been at it since it started on this server (very slow player). I would like to have the chance to "try" to finish it before you guys kill the server. I vote to keep kappa.

18. deepcage

Local Time:
    I have given this players some pointers to pick up the pace of his progression. He might still finish the pack before 2030 now.

Cantiel and Ivanator2 like this.