1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Info Infinity Evolved Normal's New Overworld

Discussion in 'Server Info' started by Aidoneus, Nov 28, 2021.

1. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    9:18 PM
    Hello Everyone!

General Info Sorry this has taken me so long to get this done but I have been working and thinking about this and here is the solution I have come up with!

The overworld will be deleted in two weeks from now on 12/31/2021.

In a week, I will block all block placements in the current overworld to prevent people from making new bases in favor of the new overworld.

I have also added a frequent in-game scrolling message to tell everyone to not build bases in the overworld.
    How-To I have created a new world on the server called world2. You can get to this world by using the pressure plate at spawn. This will random teleport you in the new world.

[​IMG]
    Closing Notes Please comment below if you have any questions and I will answer all of them. If you have concerns, I can also address them here!

-Aidoneus

Gabezetrainboy4 and ElectricPoof like this.
  2. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    8:18 PM
    Thinking players could use an extra /home to make this all easier on them. Maybe a free ender chest too? Could setup a kit they can only use once.

ElectricPoof likes this.
  3. ElectricPoof

ElectricPoof Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:18 PM
    Thank you!! The new ow is much better :)

I have my perks but the extra /home and kit would be helpful for others, good idea!

4. Aidoneus

Local Time:
    Added extra home via Infinity | Page 8 | MineYourMind Community

I could enable the /ec command maybe for a couple of weeks?

ElectricPoof likes this.
  5. HanoverFist69

Local Time:
    I would simply because players still in early game are gonna have a rough time. Ender chest to move stuff over with would help them a lot. Everyone else probably has a dozen methods they can use.

ElectricPoof likes this.
  6. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:18 AM
    1. If im patron and i have 3 homes, I'll get 4th free?
    2. When we have Nuke event? Just like we had with Divine Journey 1 and some other server i havent play so i skipped such event?
    But we still can break blocks, right? Like some1 was kinda late and want totake his stuff? Maybe allow placing chest/barrels/drawers/Immersive Engineering storage crates so people can pack stuffm no every1 know they need to chunkload 2 enderchest same time

7. Aidoneus

Local Time:
    So many questions.. Let me see if I can get them answered
    1. I BELIEVE so. If home stacker is working properly. If not, then something is not working. It is really only meant for players to easily transfer stuff between worlds.
    2. Like destroying the world with TNT or something? All of this is on the same server so this isn't really likely. I do not want to lag the server when it people are actively playing the modpack. But this could be coming up soon with another pack. ;)
    3. Yes, and I am already ahead of you on this.
    As for the enderchest, I am thinking of letting people have access to the command for the next two weeks. Not really liking the idea of giving everyone enderchests.

Gabezetrainboy4 and ElectricPoof like this.
  8. HanoverFist69

Local Time:
    Yeah access to the /ec command would avoid skipping any progression with an actual ender chest. They make life sooo much easier and players should have to work for it.

9. ElectricPoof

ElectricPoof Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    A few of us were chatting in game about people moving bases, and wondered if anyone did /absent & may not make it back before delete day, is there a way to check that?

10. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Once the new overworld becomes the only overworld, will home points still work to the correct location?

11. LordEreh

Local Time:
    I think they will work but you couldnt change them after that
    I been vote patron many months but different tiers so i can tell - tier 2 have 3 homes and when it ran out i still have 3 homes to use

12. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    @LordEreh Almost. Since the new world is a different dimension, when they make that the default dimension (Which they will need to as some mechanics will not work unless they are in the default normal overworld), will the home points that point to the overworlds old dimension be changed to point to the new dimension?

13. LordEreh

Local Time:
    I think any home leading to old OW after its removing prolly wont work at all or teleport to spawn point of map.\
    But im only doge so how i could know how it'' wokr in futer?

ElectricPoof likes this.
  14. Gabezetrainboy4

Gabezetrainboy4 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    This is correct. The homes plugin will not teleport you to an "unsafe" location. Whereas items like Draconic dislocater might be an issue.

We could have all players teleported to the new world spawn upon login too.

BookerTheGeek likes this.
  15. AoifeEnns

AoifeEnns Consultant

Local Time:
    Updating timeframe.

Due to the log4j and other high-priority issues, the time for the overworld to get swapped has been pushed back to December 31st.

As a note, if you need to do anything such as going to outlands from Thaumcraft, or dreamworld from Witchery, they have to be done from the old overworld right now. Once the overworlds are swapped, then it can be done from the new overworld.