1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done My Base Was Griefed

Discussion in 'SevTech: Ages' started by Coresail, May 7, 2022.

1. Coresail

Coresail Member

Local Time:
    7:17 PM
    I hadn't been on for about a week due to finals and came back to see that my base had been picked through and a good portion of my valuable items had been stolen from my chest room and my tech workshop. While my base was unclaimed, it was impossible for me to claim all of it due to the size needed to space out certain multiblocks that have given me crashing issues in the past.

Almost every block from my tinker's construct smeltery had been broken and taken, and lubricant from a nearby immersive engineering tank had been poured on the ground near one of my distillation towers.

The following chests were missing:
    - Food/Harvested Crops
    - Coal
    - All metals/gems

I also saw that multiple other chests (such as my betweenlands items chest and end items chests) had been picked through and multiple items from them stolen. I cannot list all the items that were stolen specifically, but I can tell that someone other than myself and the friends I play with had a field day with taking our hard work.

Note: Seeing as they used a form of endstone they found in one of my chests to build up and break the smelter, the culprit was at least in Age 4, while I'm still in Age 3. I was only able to collect that endstone from a meteor impact I found by avoiding putting it in my hand.

Last edited: May 7, 2022
  2. SovereignEternal

SovereignEternal Former Admin, I'll be back.

Local Time:
    4:17 PM
    I'll go ahead and ping a @Moderator to look into this for you.

3. Coresail

Coresail Member

Local Time:
    I'd like to request a follow-up and see what's happened with my support request. As of today, no rollback of my base has happened, and I haven't heard anything from the moderators regarding my request either.

Additionally, when logging on earlier today to check if a rollback had been done without me being told, I noticed that further damage has been done to my base since I put in the original support request. Part of my blood altar has been destroyed and now I'm missing another chest, one where I kept my spare spawn eggs from /kit animals.

It's been half a week, and if my support request continues to be brushed aside I will stop playing on the server entirely.

4. SovereignEternal

SovereignEternal Former Admin, I'll be back.

Local Time:
    4:17 PM
    Hello Coresail,

I'm unavailable for grief investigations at the moment, but I'll again ping the @Moderator team to investigate. Additionally, no rollback will be possible, as MyM policy only allows for rollbacks if the griefed area was claimed. Any items that can be recovered from the thief will be returned, but you will have to rebuild any structures yourself. As for the additional items being stolen, I'd advise trying to claim everything in your base. If you don't have enough claimblocks, you can always vote to get tokens; the voting process is explained here. Thank you for your patience while we investigate.

5. Willfon

Willfon Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:17 AM
    Two persons has received an extended "vacation". It will be difficult to retrieve most of what was stolen, but I will have a go at finding any valuable blocks. Items are harder to get.

6. Coresail

Coresail Member

Local Time:
    Thank you, I'm mainly concerned with my tinker's construct smeltery being stolen. It was quite tall and will take a long time to rebuild if necessary - is there any way I can "reclaim" items from the culprits' base(s), or is that not allowed?

7. Willfon

Local Time:
    Just as it happens, that specific part is well documented.

[15:22:05] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] - NameReplaced broke armorforge x1 4d3h12m ago
    [15:22:05] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] - NameReplaced broke seared x91 4d3h16m ago
    [15:22:05] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] - NameReplaced broke seared glass x9 4d3h16m ago
    [15:22:05] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] - NameReplaced broke faucet x4 4d3h20m ago
    [15:22:05] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] - NameReplaced broke casting x11 4d3h20m ago
    [15:22:05] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] - NameReplaced broke seared tank x8 4d3h21m ago
    [15:22:05] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] - NameReplaced broke smeltery controller x1 4d3h21m ago
    [15:22:05] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] - NameReplaced broke smeltery io x8 4d3h21m ago
    [15:22:05] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] ======================== « » =========================

And yes I did replace the name with NameReplaced ;)

So I can get that back as soon as I get to work (Its 7:18 AM here now) - provided I can hide away from my boss for half an hour.

I can possibly also get (most of) the blood altar parts back.

As long as it is clear and obvious from the logs and we can find the items in the possession of the culprit, we can retrieve it.
    It also helps if we can find the correct number of items in "the same heap", such as here with what is presumably your items.

8. Coresail

Coresail Member

Local Time:
    That's great news. Please let me know once the blocks have been recovered - if you can just place them in a chest somewhere in my base, I can re-make the smeltery and blood altar structures myself and get back to playing. Thanks again.

9. Willfon

Local Time:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Probably some more on the altar I didnt find.

Last edited: May 12, 2022
  10. Willfon

Local Time:
    Now to the boring part. You really should claim as much as possible of the valuables…

11. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Griefer bait ;p