1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Horses Disappearing and Spawn Eggs Bugged

Discussion in 'SevTech: Ages' started by ObamaGamers, Jun 8, 2022.

1. ObamaGamers

ObamaGamers Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:01 PM
    Just started the modpack a few days ago and I'm still early into age 1. At this point horses and the horse power mod are really helpful to produce materials and what not. My problem is that my horses keep disappearing. I have 2 of each horse power machine (6 horses in total), all of them are on leads connected to their machines and the whole area is in my claim. Whenever I get on and even while I'm already on the horses just disappear. Multiple times a day I need to make new leads and find more horses due to this, It is very infuriating. Along with this, the spawn eggs from the animal kit are bugged. I could use 3-4 spawn eggs and no animal will spawn. Yesterday I had to use 11 horse spawn eggs for only 4 horses to spawn in.

2. ObamaGamers

ObamaGamers Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Also just wanted to add that most of the time my horses will randomly stop working, I could have a stack of logs in the horse chopping block and my horse will only go through 1 or 2 logs before stopping. I would have to take them off the lead and put them back on it multiple times to just get through a stack of wood.

3. Willfon

Willfon Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:01 AM
    SevTech is notorious for its animal handling. You can hardly have more than one animal of each kind in each chunk. I had a horse and a cow in one and the a few buffalo in the next chunk over, but if I tried to spawn in a chicken it disappeared. I could lure in chickens from a few chunks over, but when I fed them to breed them, they would give the breeding animation, but no chicken would appear. If I fetched a chicken from the farming world, carrying it, it would instantly disappear when I tried placing it.

Then there is the case of the animals disappearing if you have too many too close.

This is one reason for why we have the /kit animals in the first place.

I mainly have these pieces of advice:
    Dont spawn in animals too close to other animals. If one egg dont work, move to a different chunk. If it still doesn't work, wait until after a server restart. Use name tags on existing animals. Tagged animals might still disappear, but they have a higher priority.

I will nevertheless ping the @Senior Moderator so they might do a quick assessment of the number of animals ingame in case there is a large number of animals hogging the spawn limit.

4. misscatlin1951

misscatlin1951 We die so others may live. Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    The E2E server has the same problem. I spawned 3 cows. In one hour they were all gone. Leads do not work to retain an animal in E2E, so I free-ranged them using several chunks to keep my animals. It makes no difference. The animal system on E2E is bugged as well.

5. TheeForgotten

TheeForgotten Senior Moderator Build Team Booster

Local Time:
    There is a mob limit per 3x3 chunk and that is like 12 - 15 this includes animals for the friendlys. The only way you can keep mobs when you log off is to get them in something like a golden lasso to where it pics them up. This also doesnt matter if your on or not minecraft itself has a natural feature to despawn things over time.