1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Naming Iron block chunkloaders

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by ThorCTF, Dec 7, 2021.

1. ThorCTF

ThorCTF Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    1:48 AM
    I think it'd be great to be able to name chunkloaders, it would make managing them much smoother, allowing you to temporarily disable un-needed loaders through the /cm command and re-enable them when they're actually needed, without needing to note down the coordinate of everything.

JessTheGreat and ElectricPoof like this.
  2. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:48 AM
    Command /cm list own shows the coordinates already, so there is no need to note down the coordinate of it.
    Also afaik there was suggestion in the past about enabling/disabling chunkloaders via command and... it was impossible or rly hard to do...

3. ThorCTF

ThorCTF Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    1:48 AM
    The command itself already allows you to disable them remotely through clicking, but I meant that right now it's kind of necessary to note which coords in the list refers to which area or which machine in your base or setup, to remember which one does what, it's not entirely possible with just coordinates. Naming them would vastly simplify managing a lot of them effectively.

4. SovereignEternal

SovereignEternal Former Admin, I'll be back.

Local Time:
    10:48 PM
    Can't imagine it would be terribly difficult to implement, and it's a pretty good idea.

mrminesheeps and ThorCTF like this.
  5. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    Bumping to reiterate because Aoife linked to it ^

6. LordEreh

Local Time:
    dont bump bc they will quote:
    end quote

7. SovereignEternal

Local Time:
    The reason it's in the TWOM is for more player input, to see if it's a popular idea. In any case, let's see if the @Administrator team has any input.

8. LordEreh

Local Time:
    Well... forum is not so used as it was in the past times, before discord, nor MyM is big like it was.
    How bout saying how long staff will "collect player input" because it kinda seems like its just petty excuse for doing nothing, because "staff still gather player input".
    Beside how many times staff done stuff without telling nothing to players?

9. SovereignEternal

Local Time:
    Not quite sure what you mean, just about every change is put in the changelogs...

mrminesheeps likes this.
  10. LordEreh

Local Time:
    Right...
    AFTER change was done, without getting any input from players in some cases.

The point is this thread was created on December and have same or less views than few threads in suggestion made 3 or 4 months later.
    Dont you think, anyone interested in this feature already gave input on this topic?

2 weeks of nothing in changelogs - sounds good, right? Nothing to repair or to fix but also nothing changes, nothing grows. I asked staff to do some stuff before summer bc many of staff responsible of doing stuff shall go for vacations.

11. AoifeEnns

AoifeEnns Consultant

Local Time: