1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This Week on MYM #112

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by dubhnoir, Jul 25, 2022.

?

What to do with our Antimatter Chemistry server?

1. Update and create a brand new server

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  2. Replace with a new modpack

25 vote(s)
    89.3%
  1. dubhnoir

dubhnoir Community Coordinator

Local Time:
    4:06 PM
    [​IMG]

Hello Everyone!

Hi all, this will be a big update as many things have happened this week!

There is a poll about what to do with our Antimatter Chemistry server. The reason we have this poll is because we have attempted to update it before but sadly it is not compatible with the current server

Weekly Top Voters:

Let's give a round of applause to our top voters for last week, your rewards have been sent off already.

[​IMG] = LordEreh
    [​IMG] = Mark500
    [​IMG] = Xyoflight

If you would like to learn what the rewards are for being a top weekly, or monthly voter, you can check those out on our Wiki.

Management Team Announcements:

Congratulations go to multiple of our staff members:
    • AoifeEnns has been promoted to Manager!
    • Willfon has been promoted to Sr Mod!
    • Dubhnoir has been promoted to Community Coordinator!

Our Management team would like to invite you to join our team. We are looking for people who are eager to help out and make MYM better. You can fill out an application here.

We are also looking for builders. Each new server gets a custom spawn and would like your help making them and potentially new event builds. You can fill out an application for that here.

Threads to Watch:

-Vanilla 1.18.2 Server Suggestions thread
    -Naming Iron block chunkloaders thread
    -Server Status Page thread
    -Command to force claim reset thread
    -Server Status Page thread

Admin Corner:

We know there have been a lack of server updates and changes, we have been running at reduced capacity for a number of reasons, but are back at it and expect a few changes soon.

Let's take a look at what the admin team has been busy with this week.

Agrarian Skies 2
      • Fix questbook not showing any quests
    GT: New Horizons
      • Added mining pipe to whitelist at below Y level of 2
    McEternal

• Added Cyclops to entity limit whitelist
    Protect Ozone 3

• Blacklisted Feral Ghoul, Titan Beetle, and Black Ant from Mob Duplicator due to dupe exploit
      • Add another fix for commands being run on island join or creation

Outro

That’s all for this update, happy gaming~

Last edited: Jul 25, 2022
  2. BetaPetey

BetaPetey Administrator Booster

Local Time:
    12:06 PM
    Nicely done ;)

dubhnoir likes this.
  3. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:06 PM
    not wow...

4. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    9:06 AM
    #ProtectOzone3
    But also, congrats all!

Last edited: Jul 26, 2022
  5. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:06 PM
    btw cant we get rid of SF3 bc mym already have SF4 instead AC? Its way more unique gameplay than another kitchen sink?
    i dont mention Forever Stranded or other older packs bc they are unique and i dont now any other networks provide them.

Also... some new patron server? My 2 friend passes are not used at all.

6. AoifeEnns

AoifeEnns Consultant

Local Time:
    SF3 and SF4, while share the Sky Factory name, are quite different in how they play, for a skyblock pack.

The reason this poll is specifically about AC is because, in order to update it, we would have to do a full reset. The update changed too much, the last time the admins tried to update it, it failed. We have also noticed a lower play count on it, so we brought up the option to either, update it on a fresh world or just replace it all together with a new pack.

If you have any suggestions for a patron only server, please put that in the modpack suggestion forum.

mrminesheeps likes this.
  7. misscatlin1951

misscatlin1951 We die so others may live. Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    The problem that I had with the server was there weren't enough ways to get what was needed, plus I got sick but that does not matter. I didn't know my periodic table well enough to play that program and I found my interest lagging way behind.
    As far as any patron-only server, I can only think of one thing "RLCraft" on steroids. This is probably one of the hardest packs to play 'right out of the box, as it were, and with the Blood Moon, I know I have never made it beyond the first of these. This pack is definitely intended for larger servers because of the extended graphics that the pack uses. I hope that my input is used to define a new pack for the Patron-Only.

8. AoifeEnns

AoifeEnns Consultant

Local Time:
    A while ago we had looked into adding RLCraft, but ultimately decided against it.

BookerTheGeek and mrminesheeps like this.
  9. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    For a variety of reasons, I'd have decided the same. None the least of which would be how hard it hits in processing power, ntm it'd be a VERY niche pack.

10. MaraJade2

MaraJade2 Moderator

Local Time:
    It's actually a very light pack, especially compared to packs like MM and such. But yes, there are quite a few other reasons it wouldn't work for us.

11. misscatlin1951

misscatlin1951 We die so others may live. Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Cool your jets folks. It was only a suggestion. Every now and again I do scour new mod packs, I just need to know what the group is looking for, if I run across it in my travels, I will know that this is something that MYM is looking for, ie criteria.