1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decided Against Suggestion: edit config for astral sorcery to increase level cap from 30.

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by FleetFireGaming_, Sep 25, 2022.

1. FleetFireGaming_

FleetFireGaming_ New Member

Local Time:
    6:10 PM
    Hello! My buddy and I are actively playing on the sevtech ages server, and were wondering if it would be possible to increase the level cap of astral sorcery perks from 30 to enough to unlock the whole perk tree. This can be done easily by editing the config file in the mod files. Any and all help regarding the matter would be very much appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to read this post as implementing this change would be greatly helpful to our progress here in this modpack's community.

2. deepcage

deepcage Captain Obvious has entered the building!

Local Time:
    11:10 PM
    please dont do this on all servers. i like AS with just 30 perk points. its nice having to be selective.

3. MaraJade2

MaraJade2 Moderator

Local Time:
    3:10 PM
    Heyo FleetFireGaming_,

This has been requested before and denied. We do not edit packs outside what is necessary for running on our network (performance issues, removing exploits, etc.) As the AS perk cap is set by the pack author we will not be changing it; this is the kind of request that is best directed at the pack author(s). I understand it might be frustrating to have a seemingly limited number of points but it is how the pack is meant to be played. Having played a lot of SevTech myself (though not recently) it is definitely possible to get a ton of use out of the 30 points you have access to. And remember that you're not locked into them, it is possible to reset those perks and choose new ones!

Hmm, I should really put in that reset ticket and get back on SevTech, it's been far too long...

4. Superkaze

Superkaze Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I found a perk planner that can help if you're having trouble or just want to try out a new configuration without having to burn the materials and time to make a shifting star (or its upgrade which lets you stay at lvl 30 and change your entry point on the perk tree).

Astral Sorcery Perk Planner

5. AoifeEnns

AoifeEnns Consultant

Local Time:
    I am going to deny this.

It is both the mod author's and pack author's intent for it to be limited so you have to pick and choose which perks you want rather than just getting all of them. it's a very common thing in games to do, and we don't see a need to remove it.