1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Halloween Events!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by dubhnoir, Sep 26, 2022.

1. dubhnoir

dubhnoir Community Coordinator

Local Time:
    6:20 AM
    [​IMG]
    Hello everyone! We here at MYM are excited to tell you about both of our Halloween events. We have a build event and a skin event!

Halloween costume event:
    In this event, we are looking for the best Halloween skin design that you can come up with! This event will be judged by everyone, meaning that both staff and players can compete. We will be attaching a helpful guide on how to create a new skin for those of you that don’t know how.
    Once you have created your skin, post pictures of you in that skin to the Halloween costume contest forum post. Costume contest submissions | MineYourMind Community

Here's a handy link on how to make your own skin: Skin guide

Rewards:
    • Each participant will receive an achievement for taking part.
    • Winners will get:
      1st Place: 1000 Credits and 200 tokens
      2nd Place: 800 Credits and 100 tokens
      3rd Place: 600 Credits and 50 tokens
    Rules:
    • Skin MUST be family-friendly.
    • The theme for the skin is Halloween.
    • Must be your own creation.
    • One entry per player.
    • Entry is only valid when images are posted to the appropriate forum.
    • Submission is only accepted from Saturday, October 1st until Monday, October 31st.

Halloween haunted house contest:
    In this event, you are to build the best haunted house that you can! This event will be judged by everyone, meaning that both staff and players can compete. Players can build their haunted house on any of our servers and take screenshots and post them on the “Haunted house build contest” forum post. Haunted house submissions | MineYourMind Community

Rewards:
    • Each participant will receive an achievement for taking part.
    • Winners will get: (if multiple builders, you decide how to split the reward, no splitting patron)
      1st Place: Patron3(30d) and 1000 Credits
      2nd Place: Patron2(30d) and 800 Credits
      3rd Place: Patron1(30d) and 600 Credits
    Rules:
    • Build MUST be family-friendly.
    • The theme for this build is Haunted house.
    • Must be built on one of our servers.
    • Must be your own creation (if done in a group, please give us the names of all the group).
    • One entry per player.
    • Entry is only valid when images are posted to the appropriate forum.
    • Submission is only accepted from Saturday, October 1st until Monday, October 31st.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2022
    AoifeEnns likes this.
  2. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:20 AM
    Events? We dont do that here.

iLuxxy likes this.
  3. deepcage

deepcage Captain Obvious has entered the building!

Local Time:
    This involves too much effort not progressing in the pack, ill pass. But its nice mym does things like this.

4. Cantiel

Cantiel Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    it's nice to see some kind of community event happening

sadly both require creative talent, so i'm out XD

5. LordEreh

Local Time:
    Hold my dinner but dont eat it!

Just look at my entry for skin contest and maybe IF i turn off terraria 1.4.4 newest update!!!!!!!! i build so sketchy but themed house fo house contest! Prolly i'll do it on vanilla to show you even more how little its needed

6. LordEreh

Local Time:
    Please change "CAN" in @dubhnoir annoucement to "MUST" to match the statement @AoifeEnns gave, so there will be no contradictions and to not confuse players.

I myself were very uncertain if I can do the build in my creative singleplayer world. Since I can't do that I wont participate in this event, because I dont wanna spent X hours to progress in any pack to get desired materials for the build.

Well if only there was some creative server to do those kinds of events...
    Even vanilla would do for that...

Last edited: Oct 4, 2022
  7. AoifeEnns

AoifeEnns Consultant

Local Time:
    11:20 PM
    I have added that under the rules section to clarify it.

We opted against setting up a creative server for building since we had done that in the past and had more people wanting to build directly on whichever server they were already playing. So this year that is what we opted to do.

8. LordEreh

Local Time:
    On the other hand you force people to gather their own materials instead BUILDING something for event. I'd love to make something but when i think i must gather X stacks of this and X stacks of that and to find it first in farmworld instead hop on singleplyer creative world and just to the build, I came to conclusion its better not to partake in event.

Btw. where the last time MyM done building contest? 4 years ago? something easter realted? So you really use the opted thing from 4 years ago or even earlier?

I made the search - last time MyM made building contest was:
    April Build Contest | MineYourMind Community
    from Mar 31, 2020

So you opted about creative server then?
    Also why not allow using people singleplayer worlds?
    damn my post under that thread... LMAO

Last edited: Oct 5, 2022
  9. AoifeEnns

AoifeEnns Consultant

Local Time:
    Yes, it was a while back when we decided against making a creative world for build contests, as you can see from that build contest you linked, it also was for building on any of our servers.

As for why not allowing single-player worlds, we want them where people can visit them.

If you don't want to participate in the contest, that is fine, but these are the rules we have chosen for the contest.

10. LordEreh

Local Time:
    Visit them? Yea... 2 week of inactivity and its gone:dead:. Thats its really bad excuse in my humble opinion, that stops more people from entry.

11. AoifeEnns

AoifeEnns Consultant

Local Time:
    No, this doesn't stop more people from entering.

I have stated this before. In previous build events when we did set up a specific server for builds, we had many people complain that they would have to stop playing on the server they were playing to join a build contest. So for the players we have, it is better to just set it up on the servers that people are already on.

As for the items to build? It doesn't take much to build something like this, most people, unless they just started on the server, probably already have all the materials for a build.

And for the inactivity reset, again, unless you join a server just to build this, then never log in again, yes it will delete after 2 weeks, but this is another reason to build it on a server that people are already playing. We would not keep up a server that is used for build contests, so builds will actually last longer on our normal servers.

I hope you can understand and accept our opinion as we will not change how we are doing this.

SovereignEternal likes this.