1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Squid won't spawn ( how to get ink sac)

Discussion in 'Crash Landing' started by Boy_talk_Is_Best, Nov 6, 2022.

1. Boy_talk_Is_Best

Boy_talk_Is_Best New Member

Local Time:
    7:34 AM
    I made a 5x5x5 water pond and made sure to fill every single block, but no squid has spawned and I been waiting for hours. I need ink sac to progress further into the game could someone please help me (I'm playing on crash landing server)

2. TheeForgotten

TheeForgotten Senior Moderator Build Team Booster

Local Time:
    7:34 AM
    Hello Boy_talk_Is_Best

So normally squid wont spawn in a game unless the water is below 63 at the y level. As MindYourMind also has a mob limiter so if you have 12 mobs in the same chunk as your water then odds are they will not spawn at all. Give a thought to both those ideas and check into them. This should help you get squids if both of these are right and in the right biome.

Enjoy your gaming.

3. Willfon

Willfon Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:34 PM
    Good morning.

I apologise for being slow on the trigger here. I noticed this post just now. So, having played on Crash Landing for a few years I have come to the same conclusion, that Squids Don't Spawn. Period. If you see this, just give me a shout, with an @Willfon either here or in Discord and I'll pop in and get you some squid seeds. Squids do spawn in singleplayer, so it is definitely something with the MYM spawning mechanism.

Some @Administrator could possibly pop on and prove me wrong of course, but I have not seen any squid in any of my water features since the year 201x… (possibly as far back as 2018).

4. LordEreh

LordEreh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    @Boy_talk_Is_Best check if /kit animals is avaiable in GS.

I asked some time ago staff to include squid's spawneggs in it bc getting squids in skyblocks, which GS is one, is almost impossibru

Last edited: Nov 11, 2022
  5. Willfon

Willfon Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Quick recap:

I have tested on Crash Landing and again, there are no squids spawning, neither in still water nor in flowing water, tested at y=52. To be sure it is not a biome thing, I managed to find a hidden place out in the wilderness where the biome is Plains instead of Dust_Planet and there are no squids spawning there either. No other mobs were present. On Crash Landing we are not able to use the /is biome command to change biome.

I asked about this a few years back and I was told there were chests in the city with squid ink in them.

Again, if you need ink, just holler and I will provide it, but as I saw your claim now, is it wrong of me to assume you have quit the server?

6. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    4:34 AM
    Closing this. Please respond if you still need assistance.