1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done New Coputer old vid card

Discussion in 'Galactic Science' started by misscatlin1951, Dec 10, 2022.

1. misscatlin1951

misscatlin1951 We die so others may live. Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    1:12 AM
    After having major problems with my system, I am finally back up. well at least partially, Part of the problem was that the vid card was sending out different signals. These signals mimicked actual code instructions to reverse engineer the system! This card was places in a test computer in a professional test lab. The card tried to overwrite the system in less than 24 hours. A new card was ordered with way mire memory, but they forgot to check the cards manufacture date. I later found out that the card was manufactured as a business NON graphics meaning no capability to handle shaders. Simple graphics only. I might be able to play online any of the 1.7.10 programs, but I will need reset on all of them. At least I can try to get back on. I hope that that I will be able to use some Federal Moneys to pay bills leaving me enough money to get an updated card after the first of the year. Until then, I wait.

2. misscatlin1951

Local Time:
    I need reset on ALL 1.7.10 programs. I have finally figured out that with the largest Direct x I can get dhows a Diredtx10 on myvbid , which means that I can only run programs that have simple shades. When I move from the 1.7.10 then the shade completely messes up the block do I cant tell if I am on water or lava, land or water, grass or sand.
    I know that it is a lot to do right before Christmas, but I am really trying to get this system back to soing something like it was before, it is only the advanced shaders that I am having the most trouble with. I qill try Optofine later to see if it makes a difference.

3. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    10:12 PM
    Hello misscatlin151,

Sorry to hear about computer issues. Hopefully you get them all sorted soon. There are actually a lot of 1.6/1.7 servers. Lot of effort to reset all of them. Which one did you want to play on? We'll reset that and let the others reset naturally after their two weeks.

HanoverFist69

4. misscatlin1951

Local Time:
    Galactic Science is the prime one, I think that Ag2 is already to play and I am seeing things? Regrowth is back? Wish. 1.7.10 all that I have been on in ages past and SF3 in 1.10.0. This will have to work till I get a new vid card, which does not look very promising right now. I just didnt know that the card I got was do poor on shaders. I will work on a set of compatible shaders that will expend the system but will probably never be able to get back to where I was. If you have room on your personal system, just remove my enigamatica and save it. Who knows, perhaps I may be able to play using the shaders I create! Thanks for your assist and I will check into the sys tomorrow.
    I know that I tried to reset Galactic Science and it did, but there was no base to work with. That mod pack must require a hard reset to be effective. Other than that I think I will be good to go. Thanks again.

5. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    10:12 PM
    Ok reset all your data on GS, Should start fresh at spawn. Don't forget to click the sign for 255 lives. :)

6. misscatlin1951

Local Time:
    Galactic Science I have no base. We had that trouble when I was working with Catheelen. Science requires a hard reset. An in game will give you the O2 system and book only. I think that if Regrowth was back online as one of the Forgotten programs just at Christmas might work out wel, but it may noT. Infinity might be good to go but I will vcheck it and SF3 in the 1.10 pack.
    That id all I will work with until I can get optional shaders working with this video card. Then I may be able to use ALL the programs.
    Ill check back tomorrow.