1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done Heads Up /rtp travelers!

Discussion in 'ST: Ages of the Sky' started by osirisgothra, Dec 20, 2022.

?

Random Poll, Do you fall into the void when using /rtp on sevsky?

Poll closed Dec 20, 2023.
  1. Sometimes

33.3%
  2. Many Times

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Almost Never

16.7%
  4. Never

50.0%
  1. osirisgothra

osirisgothra Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:10 PM
    Good <insert your time of day here>ing!

Just a FYI, I've noticed that the /rtp (/rtp farmworld, especially) has been teleporting me to places where there is no land. Subsequently, I will be dropped into the void and of course, killed. Luckily, I usually don't travel with important stuff as a precaution when using /rtp, but others might. I thought it would be a good idea to post this warning, so others don't accidently lose their important stuff!

Early game it can be a real task to get back to a death point (and of course, lose your stuff again when you /rtp to a blank). Funny enough, I was doing this to try to get back to my other death point (but that one was not from dying from a rtp, I had starved -- another thing to watch out for early game) but kept running into these 'blanks'. So, beware early travelers!

I also added a poll that maybe we could gauge if this is a problem or if the RNG is just out to get me. (LOL)

Have several nice days! :D

2. Willfon

Willfon Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:10 PM
    One thing that might help is to don't rtp travel without a kite? I never had the issue myself - and man have I been rtp'ing trying to find Shoggoths.

But again. Three lilypads and some sticks for a volarkite… it is priceless.

3. osirisgothra

Local Time:
    for some reason when i tried that i ended up just flying into the void anyway, wasn't quite high enough to get onto any land

4. korncover

korncover Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Hey, Will ping an @Administrator to look into this issue. Thanks for reporting it. Have a nice day/night and happy gaming.
    Korncover
    Assisted by iLuxxy

5. Cantiel

Cantiel Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:10 PM
    sorry to necro this, but i have been absent for a month.

in sevsky, using rtp sometimes sended em to the edge of an island, and if i was unlucky, a mob attacked me & pushed me off, before i could react.

then i had it happen a few rare times, that i got tp:ed onto a piece of sand, that then received gravity as soon as i move

and i had it happen once, that i got send ontop of a vine on the side of a jungle tree, hanging above the abyss

but i never had the rtp send me into the actuall void. it was always on top of a block, even if he block wasn't faulty

6. osirisgothra

Local Time:
    Oh, a side note for early-starters about graves at the void level (when you fall out of the world) for anyone wondering: if you put a stone slab (which you can make pretty much at the beginning of the pack, stage zero i think) you can stand half on the slab/half on the grave, sneak, and get your stuff. Since the grave is at the lowest level, I wasn't able to put a block under it, so this is the best way I found so far. I also have used water for this when I didn't have a slab, though I had to redirect water from an Island to do so without a bladder.

Furthermore, using water to get down there, to the lowest point can be tricky, you have to be fast enough to get a block at 1 block above, and not fall out of the world, though if you are near home, it's not too bad if you do. Purchasing a patron/perk so you can use /back is handy, also.