Done Village generation broken

Discussion in 'MC Eternal' started by REDLine88, Aug 17, 2023.

1. REDLine88

REDLine88 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:13 AM
    Could I just confirm that village generation is broken completely? Seems that farmworld does not have the same issue? What caused this?

2. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:13 AM
    Broken as they do not exist? Or broken as they are completely borked and the villagers need to hire a better architect? The first issue would be that somebody checked the wrong box when setting up the server, the latter would be a feature! A senior mod could probably try a locate command and see if there are none, otherwise it would need an admin to check the back-end.

3. REDLine88

REDLine88 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:13 AM
    Hi wyndman, I managed to discover the whole map and indeed found a few villages - around 10 on the whole map. Seems like the number is low compared to the farmworld. I have seen many instances where the server attempted to generate like a single wall and that's it. It was tough to find villages in one half of the map where I started, hence asked the question. I was thinking perhaps the megastructures, like huge castles generated by other mod, may have inhibited the server's ability to generate villages in usual numbers. Thanks for your reply!

4. HanoverFist69

HanoverFist69 Administrator

Local Time:
    10:13 PM
    Eternal has a RIDICULOUS amount of worldgen and it interferes with villages and such. The farmworld should have most necessary worldgen. The Overworld may not. Between the two all worldgen should be there. The stuff that really needs to reset will be in farmworld.