Accepted Enable Market And Use Skylands world-gen - PO3M Reset

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by mrminesheeps, May 9, 2024.

1. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    10:07 PM
    As has been suggested by Primal on Discord, I'd also like to suggest making this change for the upcoming PO3 Mythic reset. Enabling market tends to improve player interactivity, and help maintain engagement. A new world type would give a nice twist to the typical playthrough of Mythic, though for this I'm not sure if it would have to be switched to a claims based system, or if it would still use islands. I'd assume claims.

2. PrimalGenius

PrimalGenius Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    9:07 PM
    Market Place = better econ, more voting, better interaction between players, more lively server.
    someone could sell something super cheap but thats a person choice each player has to make.

Skylands promotes fresh unique starts, bigger builds, better econ, more voting, some may get fly to make life easier lol
    Downside rtp

In order to promote voting more and a better economy I would strongly recommend we switch to a claim based system. This will promote voting, longer play time and builds, potential donations, etc.

PhishTahkoh likes this.
  3. BetaPetey

BetaPetey Administrator Booster

Local Time:
    1:07 AM
    The new world and market will be on the server after the reset.

ominii, mrminesheeps and PrimalGenius like this.
  4. PrimalGenius

PrimalGenius Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    9:07 PM
  5. BetaPetey

Local Time:
    After reviewing this more closely, I realized that SkyLands isn't feasible for us at the moment. I didn't see the initial Discord discussion about this until today, so that was an oversight on my part. How about we compromise and stick with regular land like other non-skyblock servers? The new server is already set up for that, and switching back to skyblock would mean starting from scratch again.

6. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    Is it because the world is already generated, or because of some other technical issue? Balance might be a concern if it's just a normal overworld.

7. BetaPetey

Local Time:
    Based on what Aido had previously mentioned in the Discord suggestion those concerns are more than likely still valid. We can try it out though and see how it goes. There may be some issues as I don't think we've done something like this before.

8. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    I'd say once the first few days to a week is through, most people aren't going to do a lot of RTPing in the overworld. It could be worth trying, even if just in a test world, to see how it does. But there's no good way to test it that doesn't involve just letting people slam the server with RTPs.