Implemented Is Global Bank account possible?

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by Lawmonark, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Lawmonark

Lawmonark Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:36 AM
    I would really like to see a global market, meaning a player can get "rich" through all servers and have their money carry over. This would make a player have their money community based instead of server based.
    Only thing i would change is not allow players to sell claim blocks(if they could) this would make the money from only playtime and selling of items.

2. Mijikai

Mijikai Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:36 AM
    (I just wanted to input an opinion, although I think this idea is great, I personally dislike it)
    I think it's just too much of a situation where they go to a new mod pack, and just buy everything off the other players, meaning they're rich automatically, and then they get their money back straight away.

- Idk, maybe my opinion towards this isn't even valid, considering the situation isn't even that bad, but I just dislike the idea (Wanted to say something)

3. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    We do intend to keep the start on a new pack as even as possible. This is the reason why we do reset everything in case of a server reset and sharing MyM's is something that does play along.

4. rasgriz34

rasgriz34 New Member

Local Time:
    7:36 PM
    Economies shouldn't be connected like this.

Each pack should be thought of like an entirely different game - because that's what they are.

5. Shining_Knight2

Shining_Knight2 Active Member

Local Time:
    3:36 AM
    Just an idea but mabie enable it for each modpack? not global

6. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    Thinking further about the "is it possible to translate" I have to revoke my last statement. While it is possible it would require a lot of plugin adjustments. Our servers are split across multiple machines, this means every time a transaction/lookup happens it needs to connect to the main server which doesn't take long but in matter of milliseconds and the server waiting for a respond you would feel it.
    While it would be simple to update the core and make it run its queries async, the other plugins (vault, market, grief prevention...) would still wait with the whole server for the answer. That means it would require to patch all of these plugins which results in a hell of work.

Lawmonark likes this.
  7. Lawmonark

Lawmonark Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    understandable. closed as it is not a necessary feature