Implemented Time out's

Discussion in 'Infinity' started by bobthepig2, Mar 27, 2015.

1. bobthepig2

bobthepig2 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:34 PM
    After around me being on the server for around 3 min's i get kicked with "Timed Out" and its only me! And it keep's happening over and OVER. anything that can be causing this?

2. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    4:34 AM
    can you post the node name seconds after it kicks you? So I can use the time-stamp of the post to find the spot in the log.

3. bobthepig2

Local Time:
    Seem's to have fix'd it's self.

4. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    marking done, if it returns please do as I said, so I know where to look

5. bobthepig2

Local Time:
    alright

6. knoxz

knoxz Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    knoxz. node 3. right now. still not fixed :(

7. Decnav

Decnav Proud member of the VRMasterRace Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    10:34 PM
    node 3 has been unusable for a day now, with an hour or 2 up time here and there. Think im going to pack up from that server and move to a stable one

8. knoxz

knoxz Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Updating may help. There are 4 versions. I heard chickenchunks has problems in this versions. It was downgraded in 1.3.0 and upgraded again 1.3.3 or something like that.

9. Shpotee

Shpotee New Member

Local Time:
    3:34 AM
    I think I'll be moving out from that server too, it's honestly infuriating...

10. Decnav

Local Time:
    I built up a nice area, spent some time doing it, but I would rather be able to play than keep working on it, so im am gonna move. I tried to wait it out, but its been bad uptime for awhile now so, move it is

11. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    Sorry, we are trying to find out what it is but are unlucky yet. There is 0 information of the location, even world and it only occurs on restarts making it impossible to track down.

When we update we need to update all nodes. :/ So we can't simply update node 3 in the hope that it solves the issue.

12. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    The issue transformed and it looks like I'm able to inject some debugging.

edit: yep, possibly solved, I replaced all controllers in the region with mcedit (which didn't work) but solved the issue. (my guess is that the save via mcedit fixed a data corruption)

edit: after a restart the issue appears again... as the me system is designed purely I will go ahead and either remove the poor designed parts or give it a proper design.

edit: system disabled and restart worked fine. so at least we know where it is. I will ask the player to do a complete redesign.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
  13. Decnav

Local Time:
    I know you guys are working on it, you provide the best servers around. My time has become more limited so I needed to move to make efficient use of my time. I was boxed in at my claim on 3 sides anyway. I was there first, and never saw them till they were all built up. So its easier for me to just move.

For others , maby grab a few items and make a "mining outpost" on another server. Then you can transport back all the goodies you find when they do find the issue and can still play without worrying much about the status of 3. Thats what I was doing

14. Jeffrey2365

Jeffrey2365 Member

Local Time:
    5:34 AM
    So i had the same issue. I were sitting on WiFi and becuase of that i guess it was kicking me out, because when connected my PC to a cable everything seem to be OK.