1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LWC Plugin

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by Xyrik, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Xyrik

Xyrik [Knight of Arashi]

Local Time:
    6:59 PM
    I recommend that the server run the LWC Plugin. It's minor, so it doesn't cause lag, but it allows people to lock chests with /lock and other similar commands. Allows for a higher degree of protection, so you can share a base with someone, or allow certain people access to parts of your base, but still keep your items private. It's configurable, so it allows for various different permissions given to players, and overall I think would be a great improvement to the protection methods of the server. Personally I prefer towny over the Golden Shovel protection system, but that's really not too big a deal.

2. MrRoooo

MrRoooo Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:59 PM
    Golden Shovel protection system is awesome. Please don't change.

3. Xyrik

Xyrik [Knight of Arashi]

Local Time:
    This would not replace the Golden Shovel protection system, just works along-side it.

4. cbrozak

cbrozak Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    you could do /subdivideclaims and organize permissions that way. Could get just as detailed since you can subdivide a single block.

MrRoooo likes this.
  5. MrRoooo

MrRoooo Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:59 PM
    I had some bad times with LWC

6. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    1:59 AM
    We had LWC on our old server and there are many problems with it. IF someone break a machine with a wrench then LWC don't remove the lock. This means we will get many tickets about "I can't open my chest after place" and also it is much work to add all the items to the LWC list. I'm also against it to use towny instead of GP because towny is too complicated for some players and you can only build in one town.

7. Xyrik

Xyrik [Knight of Arashi]

Local Time:
    Alright, no big deal. I had no idea about the subdivide stuff, thanks for the info Cbro, and thanks for the quick response, SirWilli.

8. RacoonWolf

RacoonWolf Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    subdivide though has the problem of only working on a 2d plane. If you have a very vertical rather than horizontal place that is not a very ideal method to set permissions. More so since i am not sure you can create a subdivsion of a single block to protect one chest. is there a better option available. I tried that thaumcraft warded focus but it does not work on blocks with inventories.

Admittedly my needs are prob not that standard as far as the average player goes.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
  9. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    1:59 AM
    If you really need to protect a item then place a sign on a vanilla chest wiht [private] in the first line.

10. cbrozak

Local Time:
    Hmmm, I am not sure about the 2d thing, I subdivided my massive claim near spawn for a couple people to build on and they had no issues building vertical in thier claim after I subdivided that portion out on flat ground. The Subdivide Claim does not have a limit on the 10x10 thing either, I accidentally made a single block claim in an attempt to learn this due to chat not acknowledging when you click like basic claim mode. So a single chest could be claimed with unique permissions inside a claim. Maybe I should make a post about the different user commands for this mode since there are so many.

11. RacoonWolf

RacoonWolf Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    hm [private] will have to try that. Some info about the user commands for subdivison would be handy i can only ever seem to find the basic information from searching about it

12. cbrozak

Local Time: