Implemented To Many Banned Items

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by Rebelborn, May 2, 2015.

1. Rebelborn

Rebelborn Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:25 AM
    hey all :) today i discoverd that my beloved unbound spell crystall is banned:( and all the other spells to.. why have blood magic then? u cant ban all the tems do to pvp bypass and claim bypass. if so u have allot to do. u should insted go for the ppl that abuse the items not ruin the game for all the other ppl. i dont know if im gone play so mush more if u dont start unbann som items. i know allot of ppl that feel the same way as i do. the banned item list is starting to get long. so plz stop ban items. mmc is never going to be perfect.

2. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    On which server? I think only the end game spell crystals are banned.

3. Rebelborn

Local Time:
    its on infinity n3

4. darkness1593

darkness1593 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:25 PM
    The tier one ones are banned too. When I found a few glitches for bypasses, my only request was that they only took out the certain variety, or else they would wipe half the mod. It takes the flavor out of blood magic, and my complex spell was harder to make than an M.E. system loaded with 64ks. I am sad that it is nothing more than a decoration now.

5. BookerTheGeek

BookerTheGeek Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    They are, or should be, usable in the farm world

6. darkness1593

Local Time:
    They are, but why would I need it in farm world? I made it for every day use, and I'm never in farm world.

7. Rebelborn

Local Time:
    and im never in farmworld. i have a quarry in deep dark. 50x50 chunks at the time so no need to be ther..and why ar they working in a plase like farmworld? and not overworld? it can by pass ther to so its a mute point if u ask me. and ther is no fun in playing hard to achieve a goal and discover that its banned after som days. and if u ar only offering half the modpack u going to lose allot of ppl. agein mmc is never going to be perfect so imho i think mym in general have loste the spark. u ar stuck at burocraty and hav forgot the fun part of mmc. i knowe u guys are do a great jobb but i think u need some new ides and guidelines. back in the old times 1,6,4 and back u did a greate job building a great comunity and im sorry to se it stops like this. u ar not winning on banning items to protect other ppl. then the ppl vil go to som other server. and u have reduse the ppl whit 50% and mym is missing one more important thing. that is a modpack that have a long term goal like the reactorcraft fusion reactor. or rotorycraft and all the machines u can build ther. not only singel blocks but real machines that works like they would irl. infinity is a great modpack but its a short modpack. yes its allots of mods but noting fun or a long term goal. the mym staff is one of the best out ther so i have fate u will finde a beter selution tho this problems.

8. BookerTheGeek

Local Time:
    Question, what are you using the spells for? Both simple and/or complex versions.

9. Auvreaeath

Auvreaeath Active Member

Local Time:
    @SilentBane ;)

10. SilentBane

SilentBane Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I appreciate that you have taken the time to write your thoughts out for us. In some aspects I completely agree. Theists with nodded mine craft is finding a balance between friendly gameplay and intriguing gameplay. Right now I am at work and dont have the time to really go through this little by little but i get off at 10pm CST. I will . On TS for the duration of my drive home as I like to check in on players such as yourself to discuss issues that they see at mym. I would love to have this conversation with you if you have the time

Auvreaeath likes this.
  11. Rebelborn

Local Time:
    i started on the comlex but it got banned befor i was done whit the rest and the other one i use for lightning and rain

12. BookerTheGeek

Local Time:
    Lightning, and rain? Are we talking about the weak rituals? Or are we talking about the simple spell system?

13. Rebelborn

Local Time:
    simpel and complex spells ar banned not the ritual

14. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    I think the question was what do you want to do with the spell crystals if they would be not banned?
    We can maybe disable the dig spell completely and allow it again.

BookerTheGeek likes this.
  15. CommonExplosion

CommonExplosion Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Spells can also evaporate water and such. Does that bypass claims? Seems like something people can troll others with.

16. darkness1593

Local Time:
    The simple spells have many utility uses like walking on water or combat uses like projectiles, fire, or lightning. (Out of simple spells, lightning is the only one that needs to be banned, since it is the only one with a bypass) The complex spells have no combat bypasses (That I have tested so far) and a few claim bypasses, but only if you are very close to the claim. Just do what you do with the thaumcraft wand or chisel, make it so it gets taken out of your hotbar if you get to close to a claim. I use mine as a mining utility and to clear space, but it has a very, very short range.

17. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    Spell crystals are unbanned now - marking as done