Taglocks

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by CAlonghair, Apr 11, 2014.

?

Do you think taglocks should still be banned?

1. Yes

25.0%
  2. No

75.0%
  1. CAlonghair

CAlonghair Active Member

Local Time:
    1:33 PM
    One thing that frustrates me on this server while playing with the witchery mod, is the inability to use taglocks. I realize that they are banned because people can bypass pvp with them, but all poppets are useless, including the 99 death protection poppets I worked hours to make, just to learn that they cant be used. I hope that instead of banning all taglocks, that instead the voodoo and vampiric poppets could be banned instead. I also cannot infuse myself with some of the awesome powers that can be achieved with witchery, because you must have a bound death protection poppet to do so. I hope you can take this all into consideration and make the game more enjoyable with more options of things to do.

-CAlonghair

2. CAlonghair

CAlonghair Active Member

Local Time:
    Items (and rites) that would need to be banned in order for taglocks to not be banned
    • Voodoo poppet 7796:8
    • Vampiric poppet 7796:9
    • Rite of transposition pg 13 (tp players)
    • Curse of Misfortune pg 62 (not sure what it does at all)
    • Curse of insanity pg 63 (does not have to be banned, not pvp, but still annoying)
    • Curse of sinking pg 64 (I'm not entire sure what this will do, might just give slowness)
    • Curse of overheating pg 65 (sets them on fire)
    • Curse of Corrupt poppet pg 70
    If you have any comments, something I should add or remove, post below.
    -CAlonghair

3. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    10:33 PM
    taglocks unbanned and the two poppets banned

4. Padson

Padson Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    But should be. Especially it seems like it cannot be removed.
    A Friendly witch cursed me with that. Its pretty annoying, so i asked to remove.
    He did the "Rite of Remove Curse" twice and i still got the Curse on me.

Players shouldn't be able to get their Victims 24/7 haunted by imaginary Monsters.
    You cant even build properly because they "block" the place where u wanna place something.

Just my 2 cents.

Regards :)

5. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    we can't ban staff without an ID as the witchery config does not have a config where we could disable it.
    However we will put down a statue at the spawn which you can use to remove them.
    If it gets more annoying or for more people, we need to find another solution, so don't hesitate to complain about it.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2014
  6. Yolju

Yolju New Member

Local Time:
    Done @ b2 spawn already : )

7. Padson

Padson Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Yea, a helpfully helper called paulinator came to rescue me (dont hate me if missspelled :D) told me that there is already one :)
    Thats a pretty good solution, now i dont have any problems with it. :)

8. Yolju

Yolju New Member

Local Time:
    thanks, im glad you like my suggestion ^_^

9. paulnator2112

paulnator2112 Member

Local Time:
    @Padson
    Why I should hate you because you spelled my name wrong?

10. AlexisRoger

AlexisRoger Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:33 PM
    To clarify:
    • Voodoo poppet 7796:8 (PVP: throw in water, player drowns dead, even if a squid, or has squid gene: PVP)
    • Vampiric poppet 7796:9 (PvP)

• Curse of Misfortune pg 62 (grief: can cause fumbling: throw a very expensive manyllyn pickaxe in lava: PVP sickness kill player from starvation if low on food)
    • Curse of insanity pg 63 (grief: ghost creepers and real creepers indistinguishable without effort, in addition ghost mobs disrupt placement of items when building.)
    • Curse of sinking pg 64 (Grief+PVP: think of it as 3x gravity. Fall damage supper hard at low height. If over the ocean cannot jump to get up to surface, drown to death. Lasts beyond death so grave may be unrecoverable.)
    • Curse of overheating pg 65 (PVP: sets them on fire, kills them. Lasts beyond death.)
    • Curse of Corrupt poppet pg 70 (destroy 10 protection poppets to clear way for the others.)

However the beneficial protection poppets are rather fun, and even very nice things to do for a player, and they would be nice to keep in.