1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible solution for nonrenewable resources (silver wood saplings, desert nova)

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by skraginator, Apr 12, 2014.

1. skraginator

skraginator Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:42 PM
    Seeing as how small the world borders are both in the overworld and farm world it appears that people that join late after a farm world reset are at a severe disadvantage when it comes to using some mods ie: thaumcraft and ars magica. silver woods and desert novas are needed in some pretty core parts of their research chains and the components seem nearly impossible to find since so many people are looking for them and that they are difficult/impossible to farm. One solution may be to use add recipes to the magmatic centrifuge to allow crafting of Blue Orchids, Desert Nova and Silverwood Saplings. I believe when I read up on the magmatic centrifuge documentation that adding recipes to it was as easy as editing the config file for it. An example for silverwood sapling might be something like a Greatwood Sapling and Quicksilver and desert nova could be something like a Rose and Blaze Powder. I'm not certain if the centrifuge is compatible with all the horizon mod packs so it may not work but if so adding recipes that are a little tough to get materials for is a lot better than not being able to gather the items at all.

MrRoooo likes this.
  2. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    7:42 PM
    we already intended something similar soon. :)

3. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    7:42 PM
    Can you make screenshots for recipe suggestions?

4. MrRoooo

MrRoooo Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Is this the secret project?

cbrozak likes this.
  5. skraginator

Local Time:
    Is this what you mean by screen shots? I put the item IDs just in case.

blueorchid.
    Blue topaz [22256:5] + Orchid [3002:1] = Blue Orchid [791]

desertnova.
    Burning Blossom [1983:2] + Blaze Powder [377] = Desert Nova [792]

desertnova2.
    Rose [38] + Blaze Powder [377] = Desert Nova [792]

silverwoodsapling.
    Quicksilver [25356:3] + Greatwood Sapling [2404] = Silverwood Sapling [2404:1]

6. RacoonWolf

RacoonWolf Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    12:42 PM
    desert nova and blue orchids are not actually limited. You can use bone meal to get them to spawn. Bone meal on grass will occasionally and rarely get you tarma root and blue orchid. On sand you can very rarely get desert nova from bone meal. Like the idea for the recipes nonetheless. This is something not alot of people know about i found about the way to get desert nova last night.

There is no way i know of to get more silverwood saplings. Also spamming bone meal in hopes of getting one of these flowers is not exactly what i would call new player friendly. There is a Aoe bone meal spell in ars magica that would make it alot easier but you gotta dig into ars magica a bit before hand.

7. skraginator

Local Time:
    Yeah I've noticed that orchids spawn with bonemeal.. but it didnt appear to work on sand, maybe watering cans. That still doesnt solve the silverwood issue.

8. RacoonWolf

RacoonWolf Patron Tier 2

Local Time:
    Yet to try the sand thing myself it is what i heard from someone who said he got it to work. He was using that ars magica grow spell. So that might be needed not bonemeal for sand. I think i need to unlock the grow spell myself and give it a try and see if i can figure out if it works as i heard.

9. Arachnyd

Arachnyd New Member

Local Time:
    Sag Mill also allows you to program recipes.

However....some of the items you're mentioning were meant to be uncommon to rare. The recipes should reflect that.

As for desert novas, tarma root and blue orchids....I still find them in the overworld just about every time I go on a walk-about, and I always find some in the farmworld.

They're not as difficult to get as folks make out.

Arachnyd

chugga_fan and cbrozak like this.
  10. skraginator

Local Time:
    Yeah I didn't have a problem with tarmas and orchids, but i found zero novas in farm world after hours and zero silverwoods, those seem to be the tough ones and I don't think you should have to spend hours and hours searching or building up a different mod/method to spawn them.. if you want to do thaumcraft or ars... why cant you just do that? My point is that if people are new to the server and run into these snags and can't find the materials to keep progressing in the mods they want to they might give up and leave. I just wanted to offer an alternative that wouldn't be too tough for people if they couldn't find these things out in the world.

chugga_fan likes this.
  11. MrRoooo

MrRoooo Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Zim told me you can make Silverwood sapling with Thuam and you can get Novas with the Growth spell.

12. skraginator

Local Time:
    Even if you can, I'm sure its so far into the progression that its frustrating.. IE you need novas to make the wrench to set up essence linking in ars and you gotta be at least level 40 in ars to even get the growth spell. Unless maybe there is a red infinity orb you can get from a boss which i doubt would be easy for a new player to slay without putting in quite a few hours.

13. The42ndDruid

The42ndDruid I sell Propane and Propane accessories Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    I've mastered Thaumcraft, you cannot make Silverwood trees nor Greatwood trees.

chugga_fan likes this.
  14. skraginator

Local Time:
    You can trade Pechs.. I've never seen one though

15. The42ndDruid

Local Time:
    I've given Pechs gold, diamonds, and emeralds and only got potions, beans, greatwoods, ore clusters, and candles. I think I got a thaumium tool once too.

16. Zimbalza

Zimbalza Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:42 AM
    I did indeed tell MrRoooo that I can make silverwood saplings. If that term does not fit quite right perhaps 'generate' does. Silverwood saplings are anything but non-renewable as Azanor put in place an in-mod method to generate them which can be found in the Thaumonomicon well before you would craft your first silverwood wand. Lanehud bought a small number of saplings from me not so long ago and others soon followed. I generated 28 more saplings that very day to replace even more than I sold. Placing items that can be obtained in-game by methods Azanor himself implemented in functionally unlimited numbers into a server store would likely be interfering with the author's intentions. I do not intend to fully explain the method and rather allow players to find the subtle information just as I had to. I will, of course, fully disclose and demonstrate the method to an admin if it would assist in a decision making process.

17. The42ndDruid

Local Time:
    Unless it is written in secret code or as a hidden easter egg in the Thaumanomicon, there is no way to make Silverwood saplings in Thaumcraft.

chugga_fan likes this.
  18. Arachnyd

Arachnyd New Member

Local Time:
    I looked yesterday on the internet and could not find any reference to being able to craft silverwood saplings...with thaumcraft or otherwise. I'm not denying that he has crafted them, I'm just saying the knowledge is very well hidden.

Arach

The42ndDruid likes this.
  19. The42ndDruid

Local Time:
    What if he is using an exploit?

20. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    as i am poking around the hoizons forum and having thoroughly researched thaumcraft, sadly i had to do this 3 times, it is IMPOSSIBLE to craft silverwood saplings

The42ndDruid likes this.