1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Galactic Science-Quest Lore

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by Tokoshoran, May 10, 2015.

1. Tokoshoran

Tokoshoran Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:49 PM
    Galactic science is the new modpack, as created by caithleen. At present, it is a whitelisted server.
    The Lore found in the quest book is by no means horrible, but as caithleen was more focused on getting the pack together and working, @Kronnn and myself thought it may be beneficial to create our own variations on the lore pages. Anybody else who feels like it is welcome to post their ideas here, but do expect for others to build off of them or offer criticism. This is a group project, not every man for themselves.

2. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    9:49 PM
    I wonder if the 80s and 90s music references will survive :D

3. Tokoshoran

Local Time:
    My take on a few of the starting things:

Questbook opened
    :
    The Earth has been doomed. Regrettably, the Nuclear powers that were declared war, and devestated the planet. Thankfully, not all was lost, as the local space agencies announced a rocket which would leave for the moon, where there were small bases set up for families. While they may not have had much time to test all of the fine workings of these outposts, they did ready some shuttles which would deposit each group into their own location.

No amount of silver wrapping can remove the storm cloud within, however, as for all of their estimates, the agencies were wrong. Within these stellar fortresses, only the bare minimum of self sufficient life support was implemented, and not all of the wiring had yet been installed. The mineral rich landscape you were promised turned out to merely be trace amounts of many metals, which you must sift out to make use of. Perhaps worst of all, however, is that you are not alone...

Be swift, and do not dally, for every second wasted, precious air is lost, and only a small tree within the building offers you reprieve from suffocation...

Ignition and liftoff!
    Firstly, place a comma after "Ignition." Would sound so much better as "Ignition, and liftoff!" since, y'know, it takes a moment for the rocket to liftoff after ignition.
    Earth is doomed. Hop aboard your shuttle, or join a friend's, and embark to your station on the moon!
    Yeah, can't be bothered to be as fancy here. Maybe I'll think of something better later.

4. ZzConradzZ

ZzConradzZ The Purple Cat

Local Time:
    3:49 PM
    I love this plot, though I got confused with " the Nuclear powers that were declared war" :p does this mean that they caused the war? that they were declared Weapons of War?

5. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    4:49 PM
    i thought i was a weapon of war...

AlphaRue likes this.
  6. ZzConradzZ

ZzConradzZ The Purple Cat

Local Time:
    3:49 PM
    We only need you when we need to destroy TPS :p

AlphaRue likes this.
  7. Tokoshoran

Local Time:
    I dunno. The Earth was ravaged beyond repair or something, I figured that wast he best way to play it.

8. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    After earth has been polluted to the point of mass extinction humanity realized what they had done and are now striving to make colonies on other planets where they won't make the same mistakes, it's your job to survive and continue on the human legacy, on the moon and beyond.
    does that sound good?

Last edited: May 27, 2015
    AlphaRue likes this.
  9. Tokoshoran

Local Time:
    Should have some mention of the challenges to be faced.

10. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    good starter for it though :p

11. Tokoshoran

Local Time:
    I'm still biased to my own... But yeah, it's decent. Chances are that means if I wasn't biased it would be as good.

12. AlphaRue

AlphaRue Egotistic Extremely Important Member

Local Time:
    make it sound more elegant please EI replace the to before the first comma with past and change extinctions to extinction

13. SirStudMuffin

SirStudMuffin Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:49 PM
    There was once peace and harmony among the MYM community, cows where grazing, pigs where oinking and Admins and the community lived in peace. One day that all changed, a wandered by the name of Chugga told the Admins of a mysterious power of the stars. War broke out between the admins, some using Nukes, others fighting with Ban hammers. The war got so destructive that the world was scorched and left into a wasteland filled with lava and hatred. It has come down to you, A player to wander the depths of space from your space station on the moon to hopefully find a habitable plant for peace. But as a wise man once said War, War never changes.
    This was my attempt at writing the story for the questbook but it isn't as good as yours

14. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    so literaly your story is trying to describe what happens once i get banned? and every time?

15. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
    If anyone was gonna destroy the earth with machines your a likely candidate

Mijikai likes this.
  16. AlphaRue

AlphaRue Egotistic Extremely Important Member

Local Time:
    /dislike for 2 reasons:
    1. im trying to kill chugga hate
    2. chugga is more of a magician than a mechanist, even if he sometimes uses machines alot

17. Talreason

Talreason Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Lol poor Chugga. Guys be nice

18. SirStudMuffin

Local Time:
    We love chugga really #BlameChugga