Minecraft FPS

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by Jeffrey2365, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Jeffrey2365

Jeffrey2365 Member

Local Time:
    5:23 AM
    Hello guys! I bought Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti few days ago and i wanted to test in mc. One problem is that, i got the same fps amount on modded (Infinity - ~50fps) when i had Intel HD GRTaphis 4600...
    Does anyone knopw how to get higher fps? Or minecraft doesnt need ultra good VGA?

2. ItsNora_

ItsNora_ Names not actually Noah Booster

Local Time:
    3:23 AM
    If you disable V-Sync it could help. V-Sync lock the fps at a certain amount no letting it get higher
    :)

AdrianVaughan likes this.
  3. Pitschweis

Pitschweis New Member

Local Time:
    4:23 AM
    Most likely your problem is that Java still uses your integrated graphics card.

Try opening the Nvidia control panel in the 3D setings try adding java manualy (if its not on the list) and make it override the settings and always use your GTX750ti.

4. Xfel11

Xfel11 Consultant

Local Time:
    Turning Vsync off is a possibility, but it doesn't really make sense. You could get more graphics card updates then monitor updates, but you'll only see the monitor updates as they simply can't go faster.

But actually, what is your problem with 50 fps? The human eye can only register 25 fps, so everything above this is just nice to have. As long as your fps doesn't drop below 30 (which is a value commonly used as threshold to have some buffer for spikes) everything is alright.

5. YourMCGeek

YourMCGeek Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:23 PM
    You can also disable bobbing and clouds. But like @Xfel11 said, whats wrong with 50 fps. I wish I got that!

6. Lawmonark

Lawmonark Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Info - Tips on how to Increase your FPS | MineYourMind Community

Follow the tips in that thread

7. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    In minecraft the graphic card often isn't the bottleneck. There is not much it needs to do compared to the CPU. For example I have a R9 290 Vapor-X OC and a GTX 680. Both high end graphic cards. But still the ultrabook with an extremely slow mobile card which is not meant for gaming and can't even properly run 2 year old games gets similar fps in minecraft. (The 680 and 290 run today's games on high settings with 60 fps where the ultrabook would struggle with 2-5 fps.)
    In most of the cases (with minecraft) the cpu is the bottleneck, here you would look for something with great single-threading performance and a lot of potential for overlocking. Maybe even turn a few cores off to make a little more room for overlocking. <- but honestly that would be minecraft-fps-phile :p
    Anyways I don't see much difference between the 1270v3 @ 3.6 GHz I use and the I5-750 @ 4GHz and the I7 in the notebook which is only at 2.4 GHz. While those GHz tell nothing specific about the actual single threading performance, it is hard to compare them. The old (first gen.) I5-750 should be super slow in terms of single-threading but as it is overlocked from 2.6 to 4 GHz idk how it really performs.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
    YourMCGeek and Lawmonark like this.
  8. Jeffrey2365

Jeffrey2365 Member

Local Time:
    5:23 AM
    It's already off.
    Could you give me some more explained steps? I don't really know how, lol..
    (Didn't Read all text, but i will..) i got Intel Core i5 3.2 GHz idk what was the numbers.

When i did go to Vanilla minecraft, using original Minecraft launcher, which doesnt need Java, it showed me in F3 what VGA i got (MC 1.8.6) [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015