[Player Suggestion] Attack Of The B-Team 2 Server Reset

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by joices, Jul 16, 2015.

?

Resetting B-team 2

Poll closed Jul 23, 2015.
  1. Yes

75.0%
  2. No

25.0%
  1. joices

joices Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    11:24 AM
    With the constant crashing and lack of space for new players to create bases, I think it is time to reset b-team 2. Many players will have to give up their current bases and resources(including me), but, I believe that this will do more good than harm.

2. Adrianfish

Adrianfish Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:24 PM
    Well I think both 1 and 2 should be reset then as node 1 has been around longer and I agree the world's were getting ful of houses when I stopped playing it

joices likes this.
  3. joices

joices Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    Vote yes :D

4. CPTDinson

CPTDinson New Member

Local Time:
    9:24 AM
    voted yes

joices likes this.
  5. Thelehpwnage

Thelehpwnage New Member

Local Time:
    I have a suggestion!

I agree, with the whole server reset. The only thing that will kill it for me is the whole 'losing your items'.
    There is an easy solution to this. Simply allow everyone to keep their inventory. Simple enough. Why punish the active players because the one-time players make useless claims? It shouldn't be difficult. Just copy the player inventory files over. I've gotten pretty far myself, and I personally don't want to restart.

It's fair enough, too. Why should we punish the active and loyal players? I'm sure anyone dedicated to this server would love to keep their items. There's absolutely no harm in it.

This, from what I know, isn't a reset to just start over. This is a reset to fix the lag issue once and for all.

Please, at least consider it.

-Thelehpwnage

6. ScrillexTurtle

ScrillexTurtle New Member

Local Time:
    2:24 AM
    I agree with Thelehpwnage. DestinyJoice plz keep items

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
    Mariotech77 likes this.
  7. Mariotech77

Mariotech77 mariotech77

Local Time:
    9:24 AM
    Even though I hate having resets (and I've been through 2 B Team Resets) I think that Thelehpwnage is right about keeping inventories. After all, players who spend a lot of their time will learn to stop lagging the server with useless items and claims. And players who don't have a lot of on-time with useless and laggy bases will be rid of. This is also a good time to start fresh for many people who wanted to outrank others.
    So please keep inventories.

8. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    6:24 PM
    There is not much we do for new players. Meaning they normally join on "old/lagging" servers. This is one of the reasons why we only do complete resets. Slowing the progression down. (if you take your stuff with you, you are endgame the minute you log on again and are super fast at regaining everything you had.) Resulting in reaching the current state a lot faster. Ofc this also affects the market. The fairness for new players.

My opinion always is, either do it or leave it. There is nothing worth in between.

On top, I'm certain that the playtime of "old" players is a lot higher after a full reset than with caring items over. It might not feel like this for you but after accepting the reset you get more active and have more fan than you would have with your carried over items. I can't show you numbers as evidence or anything as we never did a "half" reset and even if, we don't have a clean environment and the player base of every modpack is different. But consider you climbed the biggest mountain in your country last month and now you go there again to only climb the last 200 feet. Those last 200 feet might have been the best experience and most fun, but most likely it only was like this because of the other steps that tired your body and made strengthened the goal + fulfillment gained from reaching it. Ofc this isn't a direct comparable example but in general it is the same with everything.

So what I'm saying is that existing players will have less fun. New players like to join fresh servers, obviously. The competitive player like's to be faster in things than others. The economy will be worthless from the beginning..

In the end it will do more damage than it helps. We are still taking stuff away from players, especially those that value their buildings.

chugga_fan, Bennyboy1695 and Mijikai like this.
  9. Thelehpwnage

Thelehpwnage New Member

Local Time:
    When will the restart occur? Any specific date or time?

Will money/claim blocks be transferred over?

10. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    6:24 PM
    there is nothing planned atm, this post was initiated by players. Nothing official.

11. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    this won't happen because Slind and willi and the admins don't want to do thousands of hours of work, MYM does hard resets, trust me, you should be happy that these days they WARN you about a reset, becuase they randomly reset monster on me, and alot of others, we got ANGRY, why? We weren't told about a reset, thats why

12. joices

joices Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    I suggested a full reset, most players just wanted a half reset because they did not want to lose their items. There was no point in resetting anything if it really isn't one since they kept items.

13. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    A half reset will never happen, because Slind and Willi knows that the problems will pop right back up again if once happens, which is why there has never been one in the history of MYM that i know of

14. Thelehpwnage

Thelehpwnage New Member

Local Time:
    It was merely a suggestion.

15. ScrillexTurtle

Local Time:
    2:24 AM
    Oh i thought this was official and was panicking...

16. joices

joices Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    It is not official, but, it would be really great for the server. You may not see it now, but if the server does reset, you will notice that it was a good choice. :)

17. Bennyboy1695

Bennyboy1695 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:24 PM
    Renamed the thread to stop people getting as confused by the title

18. joices

joices Patron Tier 3

Local Time:

19. ScrillexTurtle

Local Time: