Request for (clearlag) command on INF servers

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by custopper30, Jul 19, 2015.

1. custopper30

custopper30 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:57 AM
    Hi I am writing to you as a request to have an implemented "clearlag" command for the INF nodes. This command will automatically run every 30min or so and will clear mobs that are generated in the world. This will help a significant amount with the low TPS on the nodes since most of the drops in TPS is due to excessive mobs and items on the ground. I remember having this system on the DW20 servers and it helped A LOT. I understand it is risky to clear dropped items too so that can be up for discussion. However, the clearing of the mobs is a must as so many people complain about the low TPS and the block lag.

Thanks.

2. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    10:57 AM
    this is implemented afaik, if they removed it idk why, and nearly 1/3 the time it isn't mobs, it's gigantic server killing bases, so don't think that it will solve all the problems

3. Bennyboy1695

Bennyboy1695 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:57 PM
    The clearlagg plugin is already on the servers killing mobs every so often (10mins i think) but we arent able to do items due to the ae2 crystals getting removed and it also breaks the botania mana aswell

4. custopper30

Local Time:
    however most mods/admins say that it is due to the excessive mobs... soooo idk what they need to do to fix this because it is becoming unbearable to play[DOUBLEPOST=1437337069][/DOUBLEPOST]is there a way to ignore botania and AE2 stuff for the item clear?[DOUBLEPOST=1437337129][/DOUBLEPOST]I guess I have never seen the clear mob command running on INF

5. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    4:57 PM
  6. Bennyboy1695

Bennyboy1695 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    if there was a way to ignore them we would already use it ;)

7. custopper30

Local Time:
    cant we use the nbt and the data from them to ignore their code?

8. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    4:57 PM
    It is possible to ignore specific items but it is not needed as the most time items and mobs are not the issue.

9. chaosblad3

chaosblad3 Very Well-Known Member Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    The 3 biggest sources of lag on infinity (at least in terms of what I find myself dealing with most often) are:
    1. Large and poorly optimised AE systems
    2. Other large scale item/liquid moving systems (setups with lots of enderIO conduits or transfer nodes with too many speed upgrades etc)
    3. People loading way more chunks than necessary by flying around really fast (especially in twilight forest)

Disabling access to twilight forest did help significantly for a while but players insisted we bring it back, so any lag that it causes is kinda out of our hands now, and as much as we try to force players not to let their bases become too laggy, there is only so much we can do, especially when new players come along and start making the exact same laggy mistakes every day!