1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(Crundde) Thuamcraft easy mode changed

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by bobthepig2, Sep 5, 2015.

?

What mode do you want?

1. Newb mode(easy mode)

9 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Something other than easy.

9 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. bobthepig2

bobthepig2 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:05 PM
    I am asking that the thaumcraft easy mode be changed, i find it a bit annoying and that it kinda breaks the feeling of thaumcraft. easy mode lets to buy research rather than doing the doing the research notes. I ask that it be changed to something that isn't easy mode, normal at least.

2. julio1237878

julio1237878 Game enthusiastic

Local Time:
    To also add that i don't want to stand in a cultist farm for half a hour just to get enough research point to buy the research easy mode its too research point hungry

I mean come on i remember the wand foci fire just needing one ignis and now it needs double :/

bobthepig2 likes this.
  3. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    4:05 AM
  4. bobthepig2

Local Time:
    you don't even have a choice to ether do the research to buy it ;_;, at least add that if possible

5. chaosblad3

chaosblad3 Very Well-Known Member Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    3:05 AM
    That is a config option that doesn't currently exist, though feel free to suggest it to Azanor though, as we would more than likely enable it if it ever does get added ;)

6. bobthepig2

Local Time:
    Where do i suggest it?

7. chaosblad3

chaosblad3 Very Well-Known Member Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    3:05 AM
  8. Pingtastic

Pingtastic Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:05 PM
    The first couple of times were fun.
    The next 3 were a bit tedious.
    Since then I find it maddening and completely stupid to solve the puzzles.
    Tedious... Glad they are gone.

Ksparlor and PoorlySquare080 like this.
  9. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    10:05 PM
    The puzzles are a part of thaumcraft, i like the fact that they aren't on the DW20 server, because 1, if you know what you're doing you don't have to stand and farm knowledge fragments for 3 days for research notes that are actually more expensive than you would otherwise get them for and they, by that reasoning, actually take MORE research points per note to be able to get them, i'm sorry for those that want their time to be saved but this actually did the opposite if you crunch the numbers, it takes mere seconds to finish most research notes if you learn the strategy, it takes hours on the flipside to farm the research points to click the easy mode research, which happens to be why the last solved research before i get to kami every time is the "click to buy" research, because their more expensive than not

FlareArrow likes this.
  10. FlareArrow

FlareArrow Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:05 PM
    I'm going to have to agree with Chugga on this one. Easy mode is a massive trade off. You don't have to do the puzzle, but you end up needing a few hundred more research points (thousands, depending on the pack) to get anything done, and not to mention research points of the rarest primal aspect (most things require ordo or products of it, and very little actually contains ordo). Whereas with normal Thaumcraft you can simply go through the game, scanning this and that as need be and have the research points you need, we're forced to sit for days on end, waiting impatiently for our Crimson Cult grinders to give us fragments (something that isn't quite a possibility on packs like Hubris). Sure, the puzzle can be tedious, sure it can be tricky, sure it has a massive learning curve when you first start, but it's reasonable. The puzzles may get maddening on the third or fourth time around, but easy mode manages to do it on the first.

chugga_fan likes this.