Done [OUTDATED] B1 & B2 RESET (MAPS, ITEMS, MYMS, EVERYTHING)

Discussion in 'B-Team' started by billyyjoee, May 10, 2014.

?

Would you like the map to reset?

Poll closed May 17, 2014.
  1. Yes

64.3%
  2. No

35.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. minecraftpro1289

minecraftpro1289 New Member

Local Time:
    1:40 PM
    It is for the benefit of the server, there will be less lag...

2. Doctorfoxwolf

Doctorfoxwolf Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:40 AM
    I am a donor on the server, and one who has a total ontime of 20 days, but I approve of the reset. As for being beaten be newbies, that's a lie. We have more experience on it, and can get back to where we were much faster. And the button you're looking for is below tab and above the left shift.

3. MaestroMagnifico

MaestroMagnifico New Member

Local Time:
    8:40 PM
    How map laggs the server? Have admins considered other solutions than full reset? I think it's possible to delete parts of the map with MCEdit, or maybe there's other programs to do this. But it worth trying only if admins have "Seed" of current map, otherwise it won't regenerate right.

4. minecraftpro1289

minecraftpro1289 New Member

Local Time:
    There is lag because people leave claims just sitting around, along with machines that are just sitting around and not in use, there's many things that explain the reason the server lags, and I am pretty sure that the admins have the seed, I don't know if the admins have MCedit though.

5. cbrozak

cbrozak Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:40 PM
    Lag isn't the only reason for reset. We daily go around and remove the laggy items with the programs we have as you have suggested.

Thank you though :)

6. Auonddon

Auonddon Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    This post was initiated by players not by the staff. It just so happens the player was a staff member. If you read the post fully there is a part of it explaining that. For all intensive purposes this is JUST a discussion. Nothing more. As a sidenote your all aware that eventually you have to reset the server? Just in case there are players out there that did not know.

Regards,

Auonddon

7. m4shermandawg123

m4shermandawg123 New Member

Local Time:
  8. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    7:40 PM
    @emraldenderman1 I'm sorry but I can't and I do not want to read this. :inpain:

cbrozak likes this.
  9. DilleDing

DilleDing Active Member

Local Time:
    8:40 PM
    This here I approve so much cause even I have learned alot of the mods whilist playing on the server and now I could kinda speedrun everything trough easily as I know what to do ^^

10. paulnator2112

paulnator2112 Member

Local Time:
    Hey @emraldenderman1 you, and others are complaining about the bad lag on the servers, I know i just repeat myself, but without an reset the server lags more and more every day more! And I know (I think @SirWilli and @Slind14 also knows how this feel)how it feels if a Server are dieing (The old Mindcrack server just for example)! And atleast then the Server are dieing, we need to reset him completely! And that are much more harder to believe cause now you may spend up to ~10days to build your base/machinery. But if the Server are dieing cause much machinery / lag / etc. you may have spend up to ~20days! And then it's much more harder to loose it all. I know, what I'm talking about.

11. AlexisRoger

AlexisRoger Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:40 PM
    No, and because a lot of people have spent months building nice structures. Only time I experience lag is when people enter the paradise realm: rather BAN that location, and add every unique item there to the market. Also do an early cleanup of every inactive claim, and remove their protection. allow players to dismantle their lag inducing stuff.

12. Ademco

Ademco New Member

Local Time:
  13. chosaito

chosaito Active Member

Local Time:
    Why not make a tax system? If taxes aren't payed the structures will turn back to what it once was. This will remove a lot of things such as players who no longer play. Restoring the world and those who have worked hard to get what they have will continue to have it. Removing all inactive areas. Many people will leave the server at lest the ones who have a lot including my self. There is no way I'm starting over after working so hard for what I've obtained. I believe only newer players will vote yes and they kinda out number the older players so this voting is a bit unfair. There are ways to get rid of inactive areas without resetting the server.

If there is going to be a reset then it will just be reset again in a year or less. Things will get back just as laggy as they are now within a month or so then we'll need another reset. And honestly that's pointless. You'll need to add something to keep it from getting laggy. The only three ways I see it is

1. a townie system where things regenerate if taxes isn't payed.
    2. Banned all pipes and machines. ( be pointless to play then)
    3. Get a better capable server.

I'll leave you with this quote which I'm sure most know. "'Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.' which is exactly the case if the server is reset unless you take some measures to insure it's not exactly the same thing over again.

Last edited: May 11, 2014
    Ademco likes this.
  14. AlexisRoger

AlexisRoger Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:40 PM
    Seconded, as a newer player I'm less invested, Despite this voted no. I dont want to loose these older players who have been imensely helpful to me getting set up. Delet pixies period or ban paradise: No lag.

15. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    To add my two cents with experience of resetting a server:

I have already thought about resetting with the last update as the tps are not that fine on the server and b-team can handle +18 tps with ~50-60 players within the first 1-2 months. Unfortunately there is no way to upgrade the server hardware as minecraft is single threaded and we already use world class singlethread cpus. For people that are interested about all this stuff, I can recommend an article from sk89 (worldedit owner) which is written very nice and easy to understand: Improving your Minecraft server’s performance | sk89q.com

To drive the discussion into one direction: there will never be a half reset, that means all inventories, mcmmo and all worlds will get reset with a server reset from us. Moving just building stays for discussion and might be possible for a few. But be aware, if we copy buildings we can not copy every house and stuff like microblocks and carpenters will not work (not sure if it does via. mcedit).

A few points that speak for a reset as there haven't been that many yet:
    • fresh start, no/less lag
    • competition between all players that start from the beginning
    • more interesting server for new players (who wants to start on an old laggy map with other players that already have everything)
    • people that bought tiers or kits will keep/get them again
    • new clean world
    • maybe a different setup as the pvp tropicraft world isn't used that much
    • there will be a reset earlier or later as I won't let the server die in lagg
    • even if most people don't see it, it is an advantage for the current community as they are the first joining a fresh server and have the advantage of knowing exactly how the server is set up and do not have to invest quite some time to figure it out..
    From what I have experienced, no one likes a reset according to loosing the stuff they built and achieved and a lot of people me included, stop playing for a few days and come back with more motivation than they had before after a week.

I'm aware that we have a lot of young players on b-team which makes resets even harder, as at this age you tend to see the whole world going down and can not take the positive affects. No offense, I hated changes as a kid and can exactly image the situation.

If we should reset I would like to generate the world with the latest version and start with it even if players have to adjust their client settings. But unfortunately we also have a lot of young players and the whole b-team community is quite young which could make joining our server for some players quite a hassle.[DOUBLEPOST=1399802117,1399801935][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I would love to use towny, but unfortunately a lot of players can't even handle griefprevention if it goes to towny where everything runs via commands, its just too much. Another side note to this, one town with 10 players and only one is online -> whole town loaded -> 10 player bases loaded.. -> more lagg
    Even if we would use taxes on griefprevention we would have a lot of players raging that lost their claim/stuff as they forgot or did not know to pay the taxes...

Last edited: May 11, 2014
  16. TheJoeyNL

TheJoeyNL New Member

Local Time:
    I've changed my mind. I think it's good for the community if we start over. the world looks like a mess at the moment. it will be nice to do stuff with other people in the community. i've seen alot of new people join this server a while, and some really left the community because of lagg. So I think a reset would be good.

17. chosaito

chosaito Active Member

Local Time:
    I can see it as a good thing but however. If/once a reset happens steps need to be taken in order for it not to become a mess within a couple a months. Maybe make it so you can't build on anything that isn't claimed and use farm world for resources or else it will just be repeating the same problem all over again.

18. emraldenderman1

emraldenderman1 New Member

Local Time:
    What if we could just keep our inventory, cuz i will miss my items that I've worked hard for... many it will just get us prepared and i will vote yes if we can keep our inventory.

19. TheJoeyNL

TheJoeyNL New Member

Local Time:
    Read what billyjoee said! ''Everything will be RESET. If you don't know what "Everything" means, read it up here: Everything - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia''

minecraftpro1289 likes this.
  20. flamedramon1

flamedramon1 New Member

Local Time:
    11:40 AM
    i will say
    YES
    because if you think about it, this is my first time here, meaning i didn't know much of b-team so this could be my practice run.
    i will be sad to lose all my witchery stuff, but this time i can get into it alot faster because ik how it works
    now i can join more people, make a cool town (referring to helping pad) and just maby even become a mercanery, or a salesman of hand crafted swords. i am mad about the lag and i even could not get on the server for 2 days because of it.
    i will say that i am willing to go either way because i get to keep my stuff, but not have a cool place on a downside and have a hard time getting more tools. getting a reset can make me get ahead of everyone easier because i would be fast at getting the in dev stuff quicker then i used too.

P.S. if you need help building spawn may i please help with it i can realy help with the decorations. i also elect pad to help in. i have a few things i know about normal vanila stuff for decorations mixed with other stuff. above all i just like to help with spawn.

minecraftpro1289 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.