Request: Launcher needs to be fixed for High Res Display

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by Mr_Gavitt, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Mr_Gavitt

Mr_Gavitt Active Member

Local Time:
    7:05 PM
    This-

http://puu.sh/kA4yk/de98cb6c45.jpg

Please fix that, my monitor is 5120x2880, however at 4k or even lower to UHD I guarantee the launcher looks horrid, also at this resolution my i7 4970k has issues changing the window size for the launcher.

This post is just some complaints/feedback, not a game changer but instead something I would like to see fixed in the future. ;)

2. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    2:05 AM
    Seeing as not even skype (a Microsoft Product) supports high res, I don't see a high need.

3. misscatlin1951

misscatlin1951 We die so others may live. Patron Tier 3

Local Time:
    8:05 PM
    Remember that Skype was bought by Microsoft, and the company has no intents on changing anything that brings MONEY to them. Look what they did to Mine craft just to tear it up for c++ programming. This isnt to say that they are not going to revamp, it is highly unlikely. ( Be my luck... Microsoft will announce that Skype will be the new super high res program on the internet . LOL!)

4. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    What I was meant to say is: high res isn't widely supported yet. Not even apps with millions of daily users support it.

5. misscatlin1951

Local Time:
    True and true enough, but I know that even you will agree that that is completely unplayable as it is. I feel that some playing around with res could help but this is not something that needs server change.

6. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    My brother had a high res notebook. I know what a hassle that is and that it is far far far away from a general coverage. If you use a lot of applications you disable the zoom and set the res to something normal anyway. Whoever makes use of high res is normally aware of the issues and lives with them or doesn't use it. It is like using an old IE on modern websites, you are used to them not looking right/not working at all.

7. misscatlin1951

Local Time:
    How true. I am using an old quad core with a NVIDIA builtin and I always have some problems, but never enough for me to start arguing the point.

8. Mr_Gavitt

Mr_Gavitt Active Member

Local Time:
    7:05 PM
    I've found the issue here to actually be with windows scaling being horrid. Changed to a new OS via VM and the launcher looks perfect. Sorry for the needless thread. http://puu.sh/kHaLB/b54161bb9c.png

9. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
  10. M1NN10N

M1NN10N Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    The support for 4k is ridiculous. Honestly I do not see any need to get a 4k tv let alone a 4k monitor.

Aside from that is there not a way to resize the window or maybe run the monitor in a legacy mode so that it functions like a 1080p monitor?

11. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    I use 4K for movies+gaming.

12. M1NN10N

Local Time:
    but for the programs that are not supported at that resolution how do you handle it? do you just drop the resolution or can you resize the window to make it work?

13. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    I just follow the guide i linked one post before your post :p

14. M1NN10N

Local Time:
    Ahh I did read through it I just did not know if there were other ways. I figure it is a good thing for me to learn to better support the player base.