1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

About Silicon

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by AtaroBlade, May 14, 2014.

1. AtaroBlade

AtaroBlade Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:31 AM
    Hello people,

I've been playing on the Monster 2 server for a while, and I was wondering if I could make a request about silicon. Is there a way you guys could add a conversion for AE and Ender IO silicons to the Automatic Dictionary Converter, as far as I remember, there is a config file for adding things such as this.

I ask because it seems like I have copious amounts of Ender Silicon that could actually be useful if I could simply convert it. I wouldn't normally ask, but it seems like just about anything else with the same name can be converted, and it just seems like this happen to have been overlooked by the creators of the mod(s).

Thanks for the time,
    AtaroBladedge

2. chaosblad3

chaosblad3 Very Well-Known Member Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    2:31 PM
    Ender IO crafting recipes that use Ender IO silicon will already accept AE silicon in its place (for making Electrical Steel for example) but AE won't accept non AE silicon for its own crafting recipes (and I believe that is an intentional decision on AE's part but i could be wrong).

However, there is already a very simple way to convert EnderIO silicon into AE silicon by using an MFR Unifier.

I start with 20 EnderIO silicon and 1 piece of AE silicon to set the preference with.
    2014-05-14_23.14.17.
    I pick up the AE silicon and drop it into one of the preference slots (it doesn't actually take the item but instead leaves a placeholder)
    2014-05-14_23.16.56.
    I then pick up the EnderIO silicon and drop it into the top-left slot
    2014-05-14_23.17.59.
    The Unifier converts it to AE silicon via ore-dictionary and moved in into the bottom slot
    2014-05-14_23.18.47.
    Simple as that!

If you don't set a preference the unifier will always convert stuff you put into it into the first valid match in the ore dictionary, which is why you need 1 piece of AE silicon to begin with as EnderIO silicon is above it in the ore-dictionary.

3. slyder5649

slyder5649 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
  4. AtaroBlade

AtaroBlade Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    That worked perfect, thank you very much for the advice, it saves me a lot of resources I would otherwise waste to make the AE silicon.