Enable Botania Microparts (Expert)

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by saphiredragon89, Nov 11, 2015.

1. saphiredragon89

saphiredragon89 New Member

Local Time:
    10:22 AM
    I found out today these are disabled in the Expert, since they function only as a building block and don't have any related dupes to my knowledge I can't understand why they are disabled. It would be a great boon to my building plans to see them turned on as they were to be a key part of my base's aesthetic.

2. tyler489

tyler489 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:22 AM
    it is the wish of the mod pack creators so most likely they will be not enabled.

3. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    4:22 PM
    It would be interesting to know why those are disabled. Would you like to ask the FTB Team about it (watchful and tfox mainly)?

4. saphiredragon89

Local Time:
    Oh, I should clarify that the recipes are enabled in single player for Infinity Evolved. I simply assumed it was something to do with the settings that came with Expert Mode. It's why I don't understand their disabling on the server.

5. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    Could you test the recipes on single player expert mode, too? If they are not disabled, we look into it (I'm not aware of us touching those.), if they are, it would be good to know the pack makers reasoning.

6. saphiredragon89

Local Time:
    Uh how do I do Expert Mode for single player? >.>''

7. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    When you create the world, you can select it.

8. saphiredragon89

Local Time:
    I don't see the option anywhere... Just typical vanilla minecraft options, scrolling through those doesn't bring up anything that would imply the Expert Mode recipes.[DOUBLEPOST=1447287974,1447286968][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok I asked on the server and was able to manually get my world set to Expert and can confirm that I can still use the micro parts in single player. So it is a server side setting.

9. wyrdness

wyrdness Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:22 PM
    I just wanted to chime in and say that I have this problem/ desire on the Regrowth server as well. I can cut Botania blocks fine in single player so I presume it's not a modpack preference, but it seems to be disabled server side.

10. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    Hm, we haven't disabled them and I also can't find any difference between the client and server configs

11. saphiredragon89

Local Time:
    The mystery deepens... o_O

Perhaps it is a bug with the server packs in general? I'm just grabbing at possibilities at this point...