Done PLay Time Problem

Discussion in 'Other' started by Hamnetz, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Hamnetz

Hamnetz ~YOU~ARE~THE~REASON~

Local Time:
    6:00 AM
    I've played a very long time on and off in the past few days I've played 17 hours but I had already acquired the Scientist rank. to /stats me .shows 17 hours played when I actually have 3+ days played now is there a way to fix this? or else I will have to play another 48 hours of gameplay to get the next rank when I should already have it.

2. DarkHeated666

DarkHeated666 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:00 AM
    Your stats are your online time, so say you're logged in around 5 and a half hours every day for 3 days, you don't get 3 days, you get 16.5 hours played. Unless you're meaning you somehow aren't having your playtime logged?

I was going to look into this for you but your forum name "Hamnetz" doesn't exist, so upon digging some, and found the name Mxn, is that you?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  3. Hamnetz

Local Time:
    yes that is me but the thing is I had a name change a while ago from hamnet to Mxn (about six or 7 months) and I think that reset the play time.
    because I have the rank scientist which takes longer to get than 19 hours because I played before I changed my name

4. Adrianfish

Adrianfish Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I am pretty sure that If you are inactive for over 14 days your ontime gets reset. So when we're u last on the servers

5. Hamnetz

Local Time:
    Well if that is the case it doesn't matter, I haven't been able to play for the last 4 months because of performance issues and I changed my name before that so the first time reset happened a long time ago.

6. MrWisski

MrWisski Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    No, i don't believe stats are reset in any automated way. And AFAICR, the last reset was something like 8 months ago to fix an error in saving stats data.

However, on-time stats data doesn't get migrated with name changes - You change your name, you're a different person. Stats data is complex enough I don't even want to think about trying to migrate it over to a new name, so...you'll just have to live with the new identity :(

7. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    12:00 PM
    they do

8. MrWisski

MrWisski Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    :eek: wow, wasn't aware of that. disregard my last, then ^_^

9. Hamnetz

Local Time:
    so does that mean there is a way, a very complicated way for my stats to get migrated to this 'new identity' so to speak?

If it's so complicated that I you don't even want to think about it I can live with it.

10. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    could you try /stats player <oldname> ? If it returns nothing all was migrated to your new name.

11. Hamnetz

Local Time:
    I tried that, but when I started playing again my play time was still set to zero play time, only thing that transferred was the rank which was scientist. And also the time which I was first seen with my new name was transferred.

12. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    Could it have been 8 or 9 months? That was around the time it was reset.

13. Hamnetz

Local Time:
    yes I think it was 8 months now, that I had reset my and logged on and noticed that I was lagging a lot because of my pc so I left and I just started playing again, long enough to notice that my rank was taking way longer than it should have to go up so I check and it said I had 10 hours played but I remember before I stopped playing I had around 1day and 15 hours