Windows 10

Discussion in 'Offtopic' started by ZzConradzZ, Dec 18, 2015.

1. ZzConradzZ

ZzConradzZ The Purple Cat

Local Time:
    2:47 AM
    This is not a repost of the previously exactly-titled name, I'll put it plain and simple. Don't Upgrade to Windows 10.

My Reasons:
    1. Its entirely different then what you're used to, even more so than Windows 8.
    2. Downgrading back to Win8 or Win7 will effectively break your PC. Most Websites don't open, and corrupts all your java installs.
    3. It has a ton of extra features that you don't need! Like Cortana (who doesn't even have a voice), and Edge, the suckier version of Internet Explorer that lets you write on webpages.
    4. Good Luck with modded minecraft, best minecraft experience you're going to get is the PE Port.
    5. Just Dont

profrags likes this.
  2. Adrianfish

Adrianfish Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:47 AM
    i use windows 10 and i love it a lot more then windows 8 and don't got any trouble with it

3. julio1237878

julio1237878 Game enthusiastic

Local Time:
    12:47 AM
    I too use window 10 and don't get any problems even with minecraft :p

4. ZzConradzZ

ZzConradzZ The Purple Cat

Local Time:
    XP>Win7>Win8>Win10>Vista
    IMO :p[DOUBLEPOST=1450472606][/DOUBLEPOST]This is more of a rant thread than anything else I guess XD I just got a little mad when I found half of my PC Files had corrupted, then my File Manager said it was because of an OS Change. Right now I think I have two OS's installed.

5. Rebelborn

Rebelborn Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:47 AM
    i use win 10 and its way better than win 8.
    and it do not have alot of stuff u dont need. if u buy a pre build pc yes its installed alot of crap from the dealer, but not if u bild a pc yourself
    and minecraft is runing at 230 fps
    and if a downgrade broke your stuff u did it wrong.
    cortana is a funny thing it has a voice and i love to talk crap whit her she get so confused

6. DizzyRonson

DizzyRonson Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    i also use win 10.. no issues thus far:) it just took a few days of getting used to and figuring out where all the settings and stuff are. compared to win 7 and win 8. i love it.
    compare it to vista and ill tell you there is no comparison. vista is the biggest pice of digested plant matter imaginable..
    compare it to xp (wich i loved) and i feel there are some similaritys that make me feel home:)

win10 ftw:)
    and if you are getting corruptions and such there must be something you are doing or a hardware fault i belive.

7. Lawmonark

Lawmonark Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I really like windows 10. When it comes to Minecraft, there are no issuse for me.

My issue with it was when it started deleting stuff off my PC without asking me if i wanted to.
    Deleting Progreams like my Control Center for AMD, and a few others.
    It was rather annoying.

8. GoldenPalladium

GoldenPalladium Honestly, I'm pretty much dead.

Local Time:
    Like many before me have stated- I love Windows 10- I mean, anybody with Windows 8 would appreciate it. Yes, sometimes there are problems converting back, but Microsoft is usually very receptive if you need help.

9. johnfg10

johnfg10 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:47 AM
    What are you on about are u using the same windows 10 as me I love it no no adore it so much cleaner faster and more responsive

Sent from my VF-895N using Tapatalk

10. RomaDaddy

RomaDaddy Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Win98<(all of those) :pompous:

11. johnfg10

johnfg10 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Ye sure :)

Sent from my VF-895N using Tapatalk

12. TheGrandQuest

TheGrandQuest New Member

Local Time:
    I personally run better on win10 then win8 but that's probably because when I upgraded it updated all my drivers automatically XD

13. Lawmonark

Lawmonark Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Ok, so i gave windows 10 another shot.

I have come to realize... That the issues i was having before, were User error.

When i came to my CCC getting removed, it was because AMD has released a new software version called "Radeon Settings". All i needed was the new Crimson Drivers.

This was my main issue with W10, now that its fixed, I highly recommend it.

14. PhantomRTW

PhantomRTW Retired Staff

Local Time:
    1. It actually brings back some of the Windows 7 features that we missed in 8, as well as a regular desktop. So I wouldn't say that its "more different than windows 8"
    2. I havent tested this because I havent needed to :p But backing up your system before an upgrade is always recommended. An image backup wont be broken upon restore.
    3. Edge performs better than IE and has more features for people that like that stuff. Not much better, but not worse, really. Cortana could be disabled if you dont wanna use her (If she had a voice, it would be even MORE stuff that you wouldnt need.. so..lol)
    4. I run all mym packs just as fine/better than I did on windows 8.
    5. I havent seen a reason not to so far :p

Lawmonark and LunaBlossoms like this.
  15. Kimiko_Saito

Kimiko_Saito Lover of Carpenters Blocks

Local Time:
    1:47 AM
    All i know, is that a lot of steam games dont like running as well, or even at all, on windows 10. and with 100s invested in my game library, Ill stick with windows 7

16. TheGrandQuest

TheGrandQuest New Member

Local Time:
    really ive never had any problems running steam games other than the oldies like doom or tombraider(non-steam version) though I can run the steam versions of these games just fine

P.S. cortanna does have a voice its sounds really dumb and if you ask her why she'll blame solar flares[ahhh human ingenuity] :p

17. bobthepig2

bobthepig2 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I might be of the few, but i really like windows 10. I do not use cortana, mainly because i dont need to. And from the gaming perspective, i'v been able to run everything from minecraft to besiege and cs:go, plus DX12 :D.

TheGrandQuest likes this.
  18. SunLeaf01

SunLeaf01 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I had many similar problems at first but then I updated my chip set, and it seems to run fine :)

Lawmonark likes this.
  19. Kronnn

Kronnn Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I haven't had any problems running any of the steam games in my library on Windows 10, literally not a single problem.

20. YourMCGeek

YourMCGeek Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Windows 10 is the best. Don't doubt it.