Chunkloading

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by alven4, Dec 20, 2015.

1. alven4

alven4 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:35 PM
    I have few questions:
    1. How does the chunkloading work?
    2. Are machines in 3x3 chunks centered on player running on 100% speed or not?
    3. Should I compress whole my base into one chunk?
    4. What will happen if I have power source (reactor or stuff like that) 5 chunks distant from my machines? (I would have them connected by fluxduct)

2. tyler489

tyler489 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:35 PM
    with or without a loader?

3. iReach

iReach Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:35 PM
    1.Do you want your base to be loaded while you are online or offline.
    Online- Place Down an Iron Block and shift right click it.
    You will have multiple options. The maximum being a 9x9 and the minimum being a 1x1.
    Offline- Place Down a Gold Block and Shift Right click it.
    Same options apply here.
    2. What do you mean?
    3. Depends on preference. For chunk loading its not necessary. You can have multiple loaders, but be cautious how many you have because if your base takes up too much of the server resources they might wipe the chunk.
    4. Nothing really. Place a chunk loader at your reactor, and make sure the power is coming otherwise you might have to place a loader to make sure the flux ducts are loaded. I'm not sure if Tesseracts are banned but if they aren't they are a much more efficient way of transporting power.

alven4 likes this.
  4. alven4

alven4 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Do I need to pay something to keep it running when I am online?

Someone was talking about that, when you are in chunk only machines in that chunk receive normal ticks and other chunks receive ticks at 20% speed.

5. iReach

iReach Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:35 PM
    Yes you do. If you vote every day you will get 50 tokens which you can convert to chunk loader tickets in the shop.

I believe this is correct, but its not really a noticeable difference. You can ask a mod because I'm not sure those numbers are correct.

6. alven4

alven4 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    What is point in paying for loading chunks when you are online?

If it is correct then there is sense in compressing whole base into one chunk (Reactor in one chunk, Mass Fabricator in the other => Mass Fabricator may not get enough energy because reactor is making power slower).

7. Rebelborn

Rebelborn Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    if u use a draconic reactor u will feal the 20% whery good, it will blowe up. mine do blowe up every time i leave the chunk, but if im in the chunk its all fine. and the tps can make it blowe up too :/