1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented [Engineer's Toolbox] Photobioreactors stopped working overnight.

Discussion in 'Monster' started by Tomuchan, May 25, 2014.

1. Tomuchan

Tomuchan Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:32 AM
    Last night my friend Maddogz1 set up a photobioreactor to produce hydrogen gas from algae.

We did small scaled tests to check that it would work over the course of the week and it performed without any issues. We therefore created a large scale version to create a power source for our base.

Last night at approximately 1AM CET we had produced 4 million hydrogen gas and the system was operating without any problems.

This morning we logged in to find that all the hydrogen gas was gone from the tank and the photobioreactors no longer worked. Prior to last night we were able to place the photobioreactor tile onto the modular socket but this now causes the to client crash. The existing photobioreactors no longer produce any hydrogen gas.

We believe that something was tweaked on the server last night and broke the mod. We would appreciate assistance in this matter. Thank you.

Screen shots:

2014-05-25_17.05.55.
    This image shows the photobioreactors we placed last night (bright green blocks). We removed one of the photobioreactor tiles from the modular socket to do some testing this morning and we are no longer able to place the tile back onto the modular socket.

2014-05-25_17.06.06.
    This image shows the tank that we stored hydrogen gas in. Before logging out last night it contained 4 million units of hydrogen. None of it was being used in any processes so it is impossible that we used it all. Now it is completely empty. The photobioreactors are also no longer producing any hydrogen gas.

2. cbrozak

cbrozak Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:32 AM
    I'll be right there, I have a few ideas of what it might be/have been.[DOUBLEPOST=1401033251,1401031325][/DOUBLEPOST]The error in the console.[DOUBLEPOST=1401033262][/DOUBLEPOST]The error.[DOUBLEPOST=1401034109][/DOUBLEPOST]Alright, the situation stands as follows: We are unsure at what exactly is causing this. We will get it solved but for now this is going to have to be put on hold until we can narrow down the issue, unfortunately.

To reiterate, we will solve it, it's only a matter of time, but right now we have exhausted our current ideas and will keep trying.[DOUBLEPOST=1401034124]

Attached Files:

3. Tomuchan

Tomuchan Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Hi, thank you for the quick response.

We understand that it takes time to resolve. Thank you for taking the time to look into it.

4. Maddogz1

Maddogz1 New Member

Local Time:
    Thanks for your efforts :)

5. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    @Xfel11 hey, this is something you should look into, please.

6. Xfel11

Xfel11 Consultant

Local Time:
    You said you got a client crash. what was the crash-report?

Otherwise, I'm not aware of any changes on monster at that time, that's something the local staff could answer betetr than me.

7. Auonddon

Auonddon Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:32 AM
  8. cbrozak

Local Time:
    No client crash, just a kick from the server, the pic I posted is the only log it produced.

9. Xfel11

Xfel11 Consultant

Local Time:
    I meant that one

10. cbrozak

Local Time:
    It doesn't crash, it kicks to lobby.

11. Xfel11

Xfel11 Consultant

Local Time:
    Well he said something different but whatever... I can't really say much about that problem. It seems that the module id for the photobioreactor is mismatched between client and server. however, that id is not configurable but hardcoded into the mod, so unless you have a different mod version on the server it should not be possible to differ.

12. cbrozak

Local Time:
    Note to the situation: it doesn't kick to network lobby when I do it in the Monster lobby.

I checked the client vs server versions and the versions match.

13. Xfel11

Xfel11 Consultant

Local Time:
    So it does work in the lobby?

EDIT:

Somebody DISABLED GasCraft on the Monster north server - and that's the mod the photobioreactor actually comes from. So no surprise that it doesnt work.

14. cbrozak

Local Time:
    Yes sir, the monster lobby.

15. Xfel11

Xfel11 Consultant

Local Time:
    It's the same on the monster east server. Any idea who disabled it?

16. cbrozak

Local Time:
    I have no idea, I couldn't find it disabled, you did find a config that was changed?

17. Xfel11

Xfel11 Consultant

Local Time:
    No. The whole mod has been removed.

18. cbrozak

Local Time:
    Well someone is messing with something then. I was able to use all other modular sockets and items in the mod when I first responded to this. When I checked to verify the versions it was there too. In fact looking right now I still see them there.[DOUBLEPOST=1401052666,1401052642][/DOUBLEPOST]Or do you mean client side?

19. Xfel11

Xfel11 Consultant

Local Time:
    Ok I just got information from Slind, he said he removed the mod because of some crashes.

20. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    we removed gascraft a long time ago as it caused a lot of stackoverflows which we can not prevent and are not easy to solve for the dev. idk why it is enabled on the lobby