Civilization - how many crop farms will get my base deleted?

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by alven4, Jan 8, 2016.

1. alven4

alven4 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:31 PM
    I am planning on making massive multi-level crop farm with fields 5x5 harvested by crop farms from AW. All the fields will be watered by agricraft sprinklers. I am planning on putting whole this massive farm into one chunk. What is the limit when I don't want my base get deleted?

2. Luphadir

Luphadir Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    you don't really want that, if you put everything down in 1 chunk you will get a deffo fps drop for that chunk.

i would suggest you try your build in single player if your fps drops in single player its deffinatly a nono for a server.

3. immaZebrah

immaZebrah Friendly Neighbourhood Zebra

Local Time:
    7:31 AM
    As long as the machine processes aren't heavy on the server it should be okay, it's been awhile though so I can't tell you for sure.

4. Zxirl

Zxirl Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:31 AM
    agricraft sprinklers don't really drain TPS, they will just cause you a lot of FPS lag. As for a limit? Probably none. Crops/crop sticks are not that bad.

I would however recommend you make larger farms that are more efficient. Ex: 15x15 plots with multiple types of crops. Use multiple forms of fertilization and get your crops growth speed to be just a few seconds. You can use things like agricarnations, lamps of growth, reinforced watering can, MFR fertilizer, etc. :D

5. alven4

alven4 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I plan on building those farms this way:
    X - farm
    O - anything/cables
    H - harvester

OOHOOOOHOOOOHOO
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    OOHOOOOHOOOOHOO

This layout will be repeated on multiple levels.

6. Timkoo

Timkoo Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    A crash you mean?

7. Lawmonark

Lawmonark Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Use Ender IO for larger farms.... Unless you plan on using NPC to power those farms.
    Also Try bound upgrades in the farms... they can cover a lot more area. I think 1 farm can handle that whole area.

People are really using AW2... Not how it was intended. I may be changing to configs to make power to them Useless.

Also why would you need so many farms? Make some 10 10 10 seeds, and you can have smaller farms.

8. MoltairTremox

MoltairTremox Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:31 AM
    If you run into magic you can try using golems , they work with crop sticks, and if you would like to be a bit more sofisticate, you can use ritual of the harvest moon, it covers a very large area (harvests the crops) however they simply makes items drop to the floor, you can use openblocks fans+vaccuum hopper combo if you are not into magic, or use a hopperhock flower from botania (hopperhocks don't need mana, they can be fed with mana if you want it to pick up items in a larger area, like in 150% of its range)[DOUBLEPOST=1453851775,1453851602][/DOUBLEPOST]also, you would only need one single hopperhock, as it picks up items not only in its same level, it covers more or less 10 blocks up and down, perfect for multifloor farms

9. alven4

alven4 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I am currently running my floors with one crop farm covering 15x10 area. Sadly, some of my crops are not being harvested. I submitted ticket but it still isn't fixed.