[1.7.10] Global Settings Mod

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by MaelstromPhoenix, Sep 14, 2016.

1. MaelstromPhoenix

MaelstromPhoenix Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:46 AM
    Hey everyone!

I recently made a mod that synchronizes settings and key binds between packs and would love some help testing it! If you would like to help test, feel free to download the mod from the GitHub link below. The README will give you more information on how everything works. I'd really appreciate some feedback! Also please report any issues to the issue tracker below on GitHub.

To use it, download it, throw it in the mod folder and type
    Code:
    /globalsettings enable
    when in game. Any other pack you enable this on should pull your settings and key binds from your most recently played pack and set everything up in the same way.

Note: This mod could potentially mess with your keybindings (it shouldn't but bugs happen). If something does happen please report it and I will work on a fix.

README
    GitHub
    Issue Tracker

Mouro likes this.
  2. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    4:46 AM
    you put up a github of a single packed jar file without the source code, please upload the source so the github isn't entirely useless .-.

3. MaelstromPhoenix

Local Time:
    Well I did that for a reason. The file contains some information that could be used to abuse the service, especially if you know how it works.

4. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    what "service" are you using? a personal machine? try some amazon database with some data scrubbing and some injection attack prevention and you should be fine

5. MaelstromPhoenix

Local Time:
    I have an Amazon database. Not worried about injection but the data isn't sent in a secure way so someone could insert fake data and overwrite someone's data

6. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    ......................... there are very effective java decompilers in existence, protect your data another way

Slind likes this.