A cool 1.7.10 modpack

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by WikidSick, Jun 1, 2017.

1. WikidSick

WikidSick Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:27 PM
    Universal: Interdimensional Escape on Curse, Its quite a awesome questing modpack
    Sadly it will to be made to a MyM server soo im not gonna even ask
    because atm 1.10 modpacks are popular and 1.7.10 ones are left behind sadly

2. Timkoo

Timkoo Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:27 AM
    it will be not made*

mm will try that

3. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Seems like I am always the guy trashing modpack suggestions, so here we go.

The modpack creator lists a couple of crashes and howtofixthem's on his modpack description. If I run a modpack in Singleplayer and it immediately crashes due to some stuff the modpack creator wasnt able to fix, then he instantly lost me as a player. Although the pack looked quite interesting.

4. brandonlk

brandonlk Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:27 AM
    problem is, mym is being elitist with the whole "we only like 1.10 modpacks" some of the 1.6.4 and 1.7.10 modpacks are the best out there (not to mention not everyone likes 1.10 for some reasons such as combat or laggynes)

5. Sandstroem

Local Time:
    I don't agree with that, we have most of the popular 1.6 and 1.7 packs already. Of course there are unfortunately a lot of really awesome packs that don't work on a network like MyM. (Blightfall, Marooned, most of the Material Energy packs, Obscurity, just to name a few)

As far as I know, there has not been an official statement yet by our @Founder team whether we would or whether we would not still introduce new 1.7 servers, if a new interesting modpack comes along.

One of my favorite 1.7 modpack for example was Marooned, which works not on MyM, but the modpack creator is about to release a new version called Marooned Again, which might actually work, but it is still 1.7.
    Also Galactic Science 2 seemed promising, but it seems as if development on it is on a break.

6. brandonlk

brandonlk Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:27 AM
    some of the singleplayer experience modpacks wont work on mym such as banished (unless everyone has their own entire world which would start to get laggy)
    but people suggest 1.7.10 modpacks and you guys are like "nah we only want 1.10 packs now" i cant name ANY 1.10 packs, i can name loads of 1.6/1.7 packs, since that was the best era for modpacks

7. Sandstroem

Local Time:
    I can't remember a statement, that we don't like 1.7 anymore. Most of the suggested modpacks, like for example Space Astronomy, did just not bring anything cool to the table to justify a server. Also we still have way more 1.7 and even 1.6 packs and they will also stay for a while. but in order to keep up with the competition you have to look forwards and not backwards.

Also my little rant about the suggested pack here was more about the fact that it instantly crashed on me, and then I don't have any motivation to fix things first. The pack itself looked pretty nice actually, I already noticed it some weeks ago and it actually has a pretty high download number on Cu.. ehm Twitch.

8. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    3:27 AM
    We have never said we won't add more 1.7.10 modpacks. We said it is unlikely. We like suggestions for packs to provide to you. We would like to see a strong following for a modpack before we add it to MyM. We don't want to take the time to setup a server and have people play on it for a week and then you guys stop playing on it. As 1.7.10 modpacks are "dying," pack authors are moving to different/higher minecraft versions.

Sandstroem likes this.
  9. WikidSick

WikidSick Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:27 PM
    Ok, Ill make a poll thread 4 this

10. wyndman

wyndman Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:27 AM
    Don't confuse.. It appears that mod pack creators have moved on to 1.10 and 1.11 so most of our offerings are following suit with.. No way are we ever hosting a 1,7.10 pack that's so last year, let the unwashed masses have their 1.7.10. We host things based on the interest level of our players, the feasibility of it being multiplayer and the packs stability.

So are we rolling out more 1.10 packs versus 1.7 1.6 sure because that is the popularity curve and the support from the mod authors side of things. If there was some excellent 1.7 pack that the author was active in and clearly working hard behind with a following we'd add it too.