Agrarian Skies 2 (Alpha) Conveyor belts

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by Sunundrade, Apr 29, 2015.

?

Do you want the MFR Conveyor belts to change back to their original state?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Not certain

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Doesn't matter to me yet

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Sunundrade

Sunundrade New Member

Local Time:
    2:34 AM
    Greetings!
    Currently playing on the MineYourMind Agrarian Skies 2 server, and I've come to realise what the situation is with mobgrinders and conveyor belts.
    First off I got to know about the changes Jaded did to the MFR conveyor belts, and I can't say that I liked them, but deemed that with the Extra utilities Conveyor belts, it wouldn't be a big deal. Now, it is a big deal since those are banned.
    I'll go ahead and quote "the MFR conveyor belt is set to not grab mobs, the other one will. There are reasons people might want to use one or the other depending on purpose." -Jadedcat (AgSkies 2: {Alpha Bugs} - Agrarian Skies 2 - Jaded's Packs - CurseForge Minecraft Forums - Minecraft CurseForge

So the changes were made simply for the reason to have some variety. Sadly, now there arn't many blocks that can move mobs in a certain direction. And basically None that can move Endermen in grinders.
    I figured it might be a good idea to come here and ask you to change the MFR belts use back to it's original state, as the other conveyor belts are banned.

Don't get me wrong though, this is a suggestion/discussion thread, I'd love input around the subject as well.

Regards,
    Sunundrade.

2. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    Spiketraps work, Killer works, dont we even have grinders now?. No need to lag the server with mob transportation. A good mobfarm kills the mob afap.

3. Sunundrade

Sunundrade New Member

Local Time:
    I'm not an expert within the area, do tell what setups would work for endermen for example! I'm eager to learn new methods and setups for automatic farming.

Non the less, mob transportation didn't seem like a problem on the original Agrarian Skies.

4. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    Just make a dark room, 3 blocks heigth free for enderman to spawn. Kill the mobs instantly with grinders or killer, spikes work too but take a bit longer to kill them and you should go for diamond ones.

If you can, use cursed earth as ground in the farm. Ill hop onto AGS2 if you want to take a look at my setup[DOUBLEPOST=1430305082][/DOUBLEPOST]Well you arent online but i opened the island warp /is warp caithleen, feel free to have a look :)

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
  5. Draykan1024

Draykan1024 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:34 PM
    Grinders are banned, are they not? So I don't see how they'd work.

6. caithleen

caithleen Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    They arent banned on ags2 ... and even if, we still got the killer.

7. Tokoshoran

Tokoshoran Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:34 PM
    Aren't there slime channels that work on endermen?

8. Sunundrade

Sunundrade New Member

Local Time:
    I've tested them myself single player on the launcher, they count as liquids Tokoshoran.

9. mine_killer14

mine_killer14 New Member

Local Time:
    10:34 AM
    there are still many other fun ways to move mobs around. i will list them by mod.

Botania: there is the flower that repels mobs, place in the four corners of your spawn pad to move them to the center with the kill mechanism of your choice. Another keeps them in a small circle.

Bloodmagic: All based around rituals, Ritual of speed kind of catapults mobs (and players) 15-30 blocks, so good for long distance. There is the ritual of containment, that sucks mobs into the center, great for altar sacrifice or pulling mobs into a grinder or spike. there is the ritual of interdiction, it repels mobs in a 5*5 area, smaller than the botania flower, but good for pushing off platforms into a collection area.

Tinkers construct: BOUNCE PADS!! these are great for moving blazes and endermen as it does not count as water and can move them upwards as well as sideways and it kinda looks awesome. It is also kinda cheap to get if you can automate growing slime tree saplings

10. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    Extra Utilties Conveyor Belts will be unbanned soon.

11. jackripper0987

jackripper0987 New Member

Local Time:
    10:34 AM
    Its a good idea, but the problem I see with it is that its inexpensive compared to extra util, I am fairly sure mobs can spawn on extra util so its better anyway. I dont understand why they are banned as the reason is "crashes server" and I have them implemented now (when installed didnt know about ban, or wasnt implemented) and doesnt crash the server
    Who knows, good for it being unbanned

12. SirWill

SirWill Founder

Local Time:
    It's some updates behind when we banned them and the issue is probably fixed that's why we will unban it soon.

jackripper0987 likes this.