[Agrarian Skies 2] monthly secondary dimension resets

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by SomeRandomGuy37, Jul 22, 2015.

?

Do you think there should be nether resets?

1. Yes

14 vote(s)
    82.4%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  1. SomeRandomGuy37

SomeRandomGuy37 New Member

Local Time:
    9:02 AM
    I have found it extremely difficult to get stuff from the nether like spawners/nodes/etc. Mainly because the nether has been robbed of almost all of those. It would make it a lot easier if secondary dimensions were reset monthly.

I don't really see a downside, since people don't build in secondary dimensions due to the stuff in that dimension not being protected.

2. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    10:02 AM
    nodes are able to be made, spawners are nowhere near required, and many people have lava pumps and mining things

3. SomeRandomGuy37

Local Time:
    Nodes can be created, but it takes forever and isn't easy early game. Spawners may not be necessary, but there is no point in making them extremely difficult to obtain. Lava pumps and quarries can be removed easily if there is warning prior to the reset

4. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    add a poll

5. stormstar13

stormstar13 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Chugga, Not Everyone is as OP as you are, cut new players some slack, this is one reasons we have our....disagreements.

6. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    Ok, this poll doesn't help, the nether can be reset, but it needs a large ammount of AS2 players to vote yes, and as most of the nether still exists i don't think that you are that right, spawners are not anywhere close to required, so i don't know why you want them with much better alternatives available

7. Qintsal

Qintsal Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:02 PM
    chugga is right about this. rarely seen a nether this intact on a not whitelist server.
    yes i never saw a spawner but as he said you dont need them.
    nodes are plenty there, near the void in the overworld are more then enough to scan too.

for blazes rodes just make a little cursed earth spawner in a fortress....doesnt take much.

8. Kevlarkello

Kevlarkello Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    angery doll will allow you to summon blazes

9. SomeRandomGuy37

Local Time:
    The 4 nodes that are in your protected island are not "plenty". I am having problems because I don't have access to nodes of all aspects. Also some people getting into thaumcraft don't have flight. Flight should not be an essential aspect to thaumcraft.

Spawners may not be necessary, but they are defiantly useful. It is an efficient way to get blaze rods and exp. It's hard to make an automated MFR spawner when open blocks isn't in the pack. The cursed earth thing may work temporarily, but as I said, people loot most things in the nether because you can't protect it.

Although this stuff may not be completely necessary, I see no harm in making this stuff more accessable. There are more efficient and permanent ways to make lava and get ores than using machines in the nether. Nether exclusive ores are ores you typically don't need a large amount of

10. Qintsal

Qintsal Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:02 PM
    You can scan nodes everywhere in the overworld...thats more then plenty. There are plenty of nodes in the nether...of course if you cant fly its hard to find them but they are there.... You get nodes at your first quests. if you depleted one or more aspects of them its bad luck. You can get pure nodes when growing silverwood trees.

You can easily make an MFR setup, only cause you dont know how is not a reason to reset the nether.... i gladly explain "how to" to you when i can enter the server again if you want. Griefing isnt allowed even when its not protected...someone steals your stuff in the nether he might get banned when you report him. You can protect your stuff with warded glas or just signs that say you will report them when they grief or something like that. Cursed earth is actually the best spawner in this modpack as far as i know...probably chugga will come now and tell us from his giant mfr setup... :D

The problem i have with an reset is that it is absolutly not nessacary. As far as i can see its mainly a problem that you cant/want fly....just kill a wither, get angel ring and be happy...its not hard.

sorry if i may sound rude or something...im not an native speaker and miss alot of words for more diplomatic sentecenes :D

11. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    kill some mobs, you get Vis from that, and cursed earth is the best spawner in the modpack, (same with most), end of story lol

12. SomeRandomGuy37

Local Time:
    This stuff seems kind of later game. I do have flight and cursed earth, but i dont think thaumcraft should be restricted to ppl who have flight. I dont think blaze spawners should be restricted to those who have cursed earth and silk touch tools. Plus, getting vis from killing mobs is WAY too tedious.

13. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    you have no determination then

14. The_Icy_One

The_Icy_One Procrastinates by doing work

Local Time:
    3:02 PM
    The nether is meant as a high risk, high reward dimension. If there are no rewards, there's no point in using it.

stormstar13 likes this.