Am I mistaken?

Discussion in 'Community Talk' started by osirisgothra, Nov 23, 2023.

1. osirisgothra

osirisgothra Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:55 PM
    I have been getting a lot of people with the "if it isn't claimed its free game" and "don't cry if it isn't claimed" mentality. It used to be that the server rules had a very strict "if it isn't yours, don't touch it" rule. But is this not the case anymore?

It seems many players are just completely ignoring that rule, and many people, due to not being fully verified or not knowing the procedure, end up not reporting it and in turn they think this unclaimed property is all free game? I generally don't go out of my way to report small thefts that could be mistaken, but when it is blatent destruction of unclaimed property (especially when said property is ADJACENT to a claim which is obviously limited) then it seems pretty wrong for that to be okay.

But, like I said, am I mistaken? Is there a plan to make this behavior okay? It seems some of the new players seem to think that it is.

2. Sandstroem

Sandstroem Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    4:55 AM
    No. That is absolutely not okay and against the rules and you should report those players.

3. Chetwynd

Chetwynd Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:55 AM
    Unless the previous owner of the propertly/items has made it clear that it is free game.

If not then its still the property of whoever created/made it, and is not to be taken/destroyed or griefed in any manor.

If you do see this happening, I suggest getting screenshots and opening a ticket about it.

4. Aidoneus

Aidoneus Director Booster

Local Time:
    8:55 PM
    This is the rules yes. Sadly, this doesn't stop people from doing it anyways. So always claim your stuff regardless.

Chetwynd likes this.