Done Are there any non-resetting dimensions

Discussion in 'Sky Factory 3' started by einstein8612, Jan 12, 2018.

1. einstein8612

einstein8612 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:21 AM
    So, I’m looking into netherstar generators as my main source of energy & to power them I need netherstars (duh). So I’m obviously wanting to automate netherstars, but the nether gets reset, right? So I wanted to ask if there are any dimensions that DON’T get reset so I can safely build my nether star farm there. If there isn’t I’ll just build it in the nether but I was just wondering.

StRedTap likes this.
  2. Rebelborn

Rebelborn Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:21 AM
    void dim. but the wither can only spawn in the nether

3. chaosblad3

chaosblad3 Very Well-Known Member Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    2:21 AM
    There was a thread about this last July which I made suggestions in, but none of the staff ever actually did anything about it, what we need is one version of the nether that resets and one version that does not so that people can build their wither grinder in the one that doesn't reset.

Should be a simple matter to create a duplicate nether and add it to the list of teleports available via the MyM portal, make the unlock cost a netherstar so you have to kill at least one wither manually in the normal nether before you can go and automate it in the non-resetting one.

StRedTap and WishMage like this.
  4. bigbluu722

bigbluu722 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:21 PM
    Monkey_Banana1 likes this.
  5. sporefreak

sporefreak Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    7:21 PM
    That adds an extra dimension, with more server strain, we don't need another dimension.
    It's not hard to make a grinder and then move it just before a restart.
    Most people don't need to run nether star grinders for more then a month, a good grinder will produce enough stars to run off of almost forever in a week or two.

6. mrminesheeps

mrminesheeps Helper

Local Time:
    6:21 PM
    Under the assumption that someone knows how to make a hyper-efficient and gold chunkloaded wither farm...

But, yeah, I can see your point. If you had one running constantly, it would easily make enough stars for anyone not making an absurdly efficient, large netherstar power farm. Though, most you should need for a majority of processes would be pretty easily solved by 2-3 nether star generators (depending on which one you use, anyway).

7. hihello0773

hihello0773 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:21 PM
    Hey einstein8612,

Since bluu provided you with the link that shows you the non-resetting dimmensions, this issue should be finished. If any of you have any suggestions on how to improve this, you can create a new post in our suggestions/feedback forum.

Thanks!