Buyable soul fragments (Infinity)

Discussion in 'Archive (Suggestion and Feedback)' started by B3Wall, May 10, 2015.

1. B3Wall

B3Wall New Member

Local Time:
    3:23 PM
    With extra utilities endgame, the reinforced watering can costs a soul fragment. Soul fragments are made with an ethereal sword, but permanently reduce your max health by 10% (this is calculated including things like heart canisters) Once crafted, it is impossible to regain the soul fragment and thus regain your lost health.

What I'd like to suggest is making soul fragments a server sold item. This item is fairly endgame, so it would be very expensive, akin to the Warp removal sign at spawn. Selling this item would allow players with reduced health to regain it. This item would not let players bypass endgame items since its only use is making the reinforced watering can, which takes 5 bedrockium ingots as well.

2. chaosblad3

chaosblad3 Very Well-Known Member Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    9:23 PM
    It would still mean not having to make an ethereal sword, which means not having to activate a division sigil and craft with some unstable ingots.

I think if anything the better way would be to have a sign like the warp removal one that checks if you have already lost the heart from your max hp and then resets that instead, that way you do have to do the full process and lose the heart temporarily, you just get to buy it back again for a few thousand myms afterwards :p

Tokoshoran likes this.
  3. Bennyboy1695

Bennyboy1695 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    This most likely wont happen as the purpose of losing that 10% is that you get an unbreakable watering can that greatly increases the tick time for plants in a 7x7 area aswell as can be used to automate. In my opinion giving hearts back for this would break the progression of the mod

AdrianVaughan and chugga_fan like this.
  4. chugga_fan

chugga_fan ME 4M storage cell of knowledge, all the time

Local Time:
    4:23 PM
    only problem, the mod doesn't have progression

5. chaosblad3

Local Time:
    Well my other idea for what we could do is have an obnoxious custom recipe that requires endgame materials from several different mods, ie 1 block of awakened draconium, 1 block of elementium, 1 block of ludicrite, 1 block of knightmetal, 1 unstable ingot block, and 4 peices of ichorcloth.. how does that sound? :p

Bennyboy1695 likes this.
  6. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    knightmetal is near impossible to get... and elementium is just 2 manasteel...

7. chaosblad3

Local Time:
    Well you can blame kingclone for suggesting the knightmetal to me, but how exactly is it near impossible to obtain?

As for elementium, technically it would be 18 manasteel for 1 block of elementium, and you have to have a working alfheim portal to get it, so that makes it suitably endgame as far as i'm concerned.

If you want to suggest other suitably difficult materials that we could use then by all means! the more difficult the more chance of us implementing it ;)

8. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    try a block of terrasteel and knightmetal is almost gone from the twilight forest by now

9. chaosblad3

Local Time:
    Why is terrasteel better to use than elementium if elementium is after terrasteel in botanias progression (since you need terra to make the portal)?

10. chugga_fan

Local Time:
    1 terrasteel = 1 mana diamond 1 manasteel ingot and 1 mana pearl and 1/2 a pool of mana, elementium is just 2 manasteel per ingot (this is all the ingot calculations)