Done Can't seem to get my cursed earth to spawn mobs, despite other's help and their farms working.

Discussion in 'Sky Factory 3' started by aD0UBLEj, Feb 15, 2017.

1. aD0UBLEj

aD0UBLEj Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:48 AM
    It's completely sealed in and dark, light level 0 and I just can't figure out how to get it to work. Others have working cursed earth and have tried to help me, but it just isn't working. There are no other mobs on my whole island and no magnum torch thing blocking mobspawns. It is also a decent way away down the chunk and still no mobs spawn.

Any ideas to fix it would be appreciated.

2. Mouro

Mouro Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    You have mobs on that chunk?
    AFAIK we have the mob limit per 3x3 chunk on 1.1o

3. chaosblad3

chaosblad3 Very Well-Known Member Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    When I went to check it out he literally only had 1 cow and 1 chicken on his entire island, so it shouldn't have anything to do with the mob limit.

4. aD0UBLEj

Local Time:
    Yep as chaos said, these are actually now lassoed and in storage, so literally no mobs on the island.

Still no mobs spawning in it as of right now, despite looking like it should spawn stuff.

5. bigbluu722

bigbluu722 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:48 PM
  6. aD0UBLEj

Local Time:
    Kind of resolved as I have moved the mobfarm several chunks away and it seems to work fine now, a little annoying as I would now have to load it properly.

7. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    4:48 AM
    How far away from your playing spot was it before?

8. aD0UBLEj

Local Time:
    I've got a 2x2 chunk main island, so it's now got a diagonal chunk gap from it so

OOOX
    OOOO
    XXOO
    XXOO

it's now on the top right X, but before I was trying to build it below about 15 blocks on the top right chunk of my 2x2 base. I also built tried much further down almost y0 and standing away from the spawner before rebuilding it away from the base.

9. Slind

Slind Founder

Local Time:
    4:48 AM
    Ahh, yeah then it was way too close before. Its a vanilla minecraft mechanic..

10. aD0UBLEj

Local Time:
    I understand the mechanic, but it didn't spawn anything at all despite me being the required blocks away for significant periods of time as I was afk trying to figure it out. The new spawner has no problem spawning loads of mobs despite me literally standing next to it to chunkload it and sort loot.

11. chaosblad3

chaosblad3 Very Well-Known Member Patron Tier 1

Local Time:
    distance to player shouldn't make a difference with cursed earth, as the whole point of cursed earth is it doesn't care whether a player is nearby when it spawns stuff.. on my island I can literally be stood ON my cursed earth and it will spawn mobs right next to me.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017